GMTC - Server maxed out again! Have to upgrade

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, we did it again, all of the site traffic means that we have to upgrade the server once again. We're just about at the highest level of VPS that we can get, so the next stage is a full co-located server that is fully backed-up, monitored 24/7, redundant, etc.

So, SORRY to everyone who's noticed a big slow-down in the last few weeks. It's not just the upgrade to the new system, it's also a big increase in traffic that we've seen too recently.

Keep your eyes open in the next few weeks for some limited downtime when we transition to a new server farm.

2. trapperdon

trapperdon Rockstar 100 Posts

how about putting it back to the way it looked and acted before??

3. ChevyFan

Not that simple, it's a lot of work to roll-back and if I did that, I know that the site would be faster, but I would still be looking to upgrade to something else (double-work) to keep up with industry standards for SEO, photo galleries, CMS requirements, articles, etc.

I'm going to close this thread and open up a new one discussing why GMTC has gotten slower since the upgrade.

4. ChevyFan

Looks like the updates worked really well, the site is quite a bit faster tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.