GMTC Update Today

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, I've spent about 6 hours today updating the website, there are still a dozen or so things to fix, but just thought I would make a post letting everyone know that most of the updates are done.

What's everyone think?

- Newest version of forum software
    - Lots of updated features, better methods to post, more security, better navigation, better gallery system
    - Backend was cleaned up a bit
    - Blogs are much easier to post in and follow your favorite user
    - Much easier to see what's going on in the community, groups, albums, blogs, messages,etc.
    - Easier to do add-ons in the future

Still need to:
    - Complete the Garages
    - Update all of the landing pages
    - Redo the logo and graphics
    - A bunch of small stuff left to do.

2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I like some of the new features..... but overall I don't like the way it looks now......

3. ChevyFan

There may be some ability to make a different skin option, but that won't come around until after the rest of the bugs get fixed.

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

im loving it

5. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

kinda like the old version but won't say i dislike this til everything is done...............may just take some time getting used to!!

6. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Hope so :)

7. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

x2 i havent looked thru all the featues yet but i allready miss the user CP button

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I will reserve judgment for now. I dont know if i like some of the look since reading sometimes is harder since it isnt just a one line type. But looking good and it seems to run a bit faster as well..
    And by more security you mean harder for spammers? I do kind of miss the Experience page since that gives you a way to see a bit of who you are talking to, since there can be people who jump on write a thread and then dont come back for a year. As well as those who jump on and write either an inflamatory or just a rude post because they feel like it. And they run off as soon as there isnt the support of their negative views.

9. mus99gt

mus99gt Rockstar 100 Posts

I am missing when you click on the users name on each post and see how many points to the next level.

10. ChevyFan

Ok, here is a sum of what people have asked for.

- A different skin that does not fill the screen (Fixed Width - this now is fluid width). I can do that.
    - The User Experience I can update for this version. Just have to get to it later tonight or maybe tomorrow.
    - The USER CP is now in the upper right-hand corner and called "SETTINGS". You will see SETTINGS and MY PROFILE. You can adjust different things for different purposes now.

Yes, this new site is now faster. Yes, better security does make it harder for spammers.

What else, this is a dialog here, let's here.