1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Go big, or go........

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by endneu913, Jan 8, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. endneu913

endneu913 New Member

....find some snow!

Well, I couldnt help myself, As usual. Here's the new additions to my new AWD 1500. 16" black steelies, New tires ( went with the Firestones! Destination ATs 245/75 ) and a new bumper/ brush guard combo built to kill me some zombies! Here's a few pics! enjoy...

[​IMG]

Post Steel wheels....

[​IMG]

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Looks good man, but why isn't the front packed with snow from blastin through the drifts? :)

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Gun turret! I want a gun turret!

4. lseann

lseann New Member

Nice! How much does that cow catcher weigh anyway? Looks good!

5. jampg

jampg New Member

WOW!
    This puts a whole new meaning to road kill.....

6. endneu913

endneu913 New Member

Haha! You mean Zombie Killer!! Good question on the weight... Short answer; more! Less short answer; I would guess 150lbs. But i really didn't want to know. I got it from a guy off good ole' craigslist that was selling off a 2500 Silverado. You dont want to know how little i paid : ) ..... I had to do some cutting and "creative" engineering, but it looks like a great fit when its all said and done and its structurally sound. I used the existing re-enforced bolt holes and then added a second set of horizontal grade 8s.

Not enough snow over here yet, but trust me, ill try real hard to get her stuck!

In addition to the 50 cal turret the next plans I have are a full size roof rack with safari lights, plywood or mesh lined for platform usage along with a rear door ladder. Up top could be used for shooting skeet (when the snows deep) pitching a ten up top "Hannibal style" (just for fun) And perhaps a hitch mount winch bed for the front. More twords the spring ill get involved on outfitting the cargo area for my camping needs.

One thing i could use some input on is fender flares. Im sure a bored cop might want to give me grief about the tiny bit of exposed rubber, so i was considering a black rubber flare to mount on the arches. Anyone know of these being made for these vans?

Thanks guys!

Im taking the van and my pups back up to the snow for some rabbit hunting on monday, maybe ill have some better shots to share!

7. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Whooo- very very nice.
    Zombie killer plus Road Warrior.
    Vans can look pretty cool.
    Charlie

8. endneu913

endneu913 New Member

Heres a few more from today. Loving the tires with the AWD. Feels GREAT! just tears up mud and snow and gets up to speed like its asphalt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jasonsjwou

jasonsjwou New Member

Whoa, that's one mean looking van!!

10. Tru_Shine

Tru_Shine New Member

That is awesome!