1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

go fast

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Lineman, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Lineman

Lineman New Member

ive done CAI , programmer, and , exaust. i have a 09 siverado 5.3 liter what can i do to make it go faster.
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Long tube headers
    custom tune
    Cam <-- maybe in the future due to your truck sitll having warranty
  3. 09sliverado

09sliverado Member

could regear it better to 4:10s
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nitrous Oxide!
  5. shurshot

shurshot Rockstar 100 Posts

Super charge it! If I had the money I would!
  6. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Putting a cam in would make a big difference.Also I heard that the 6.0 engines have certain parts in the valvtrain that are interchangeable and lighter and that = more power...every little bit counts
  7. Super Charge that b***h
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Supercharge it.:sign0011:
  9. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

get the CHIP tuned....
  10. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

cam, port and polish the heads and intake, headers about a 75 shot of nos, and a custom tune to top it off with. Then you can get you a turbo and tune it again. This is my next project for my truck. I have the tune already so I can get it redone. I am getting a cam, a zex wet kit and my heads and intake ported and polished and some lower gears. Will be done by Christmas got my fingers crossed. OHHH and might i add some new springs and lifters and I am gonna see what difference the pullies will make also.