1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going for a lift next ~ Suburban Modifications

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by NagRuTan, Aug 21, 2011.

1. NagRuTan

NagRuTan Rockstar

Greets,

I'm going for a lift as the next addition to the burb. I'm looking at anything from a 4" to 6". Any kit suggestions?

Nag.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Rancho, they have the best kit for your bodystyle/year. Rancho says its a 4" kit but it is really a 6" kit. It has a one-piece welded lower sub-frame and the upper control arm brackets are gusseted and boxed-in. Its not the cheapest kit, but lift kits are not the place to cut corners. You can run 35" tires with a 10" wide rim.
  3. kwgdc

kwgdc New Member

I put in a 4" rancho lift on my K1500 and I love it. I rides about as high as a K2500 now. It does decrease your gas milage. I run 33" tires.
    I have put over 100K miles on it with the lift and not a single issue. These lift kits are not cheap, but they are durable!
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Although I don't have a burb, I do have the Rancho kit on my truck and am extremely satisfied with it.