1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going from Captains chairs to 60/40 split bench

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Kraziken, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member 100 Posts

Hello,

I recently upgraded and bought a 2005 GMC Yukon XL. The vehicle had low miles so I bought even though I prefer the bench over the captains chairs. I found a 60/40 split bench on craigslist and the seat leather was in good condition.

Problem was, I didn't install the seat after a couple of weeks, and when I finally did install, I noticed that the buckles were missing. I went to the dealer and tried to purchase a set, but it seems the model years must have changed a little.

I think the 60/40 second row is from a 2003, maybe 2004. If anyone who has this model year Burb, if you could send me a pic of the seat tracks, and the buckles, I'd appreciate it. On top of acquiring the buckles, I need to figure out what trim pieces match up to my rigs interior color.

Thanks
    Ken

- - - Updated - - -

My center seat appears to be lap belt only. And perhaps 2003 and newer have shoulder restraint in the middle seat? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My 03 had a lap belt on the center. Good luck finding belts. I had a bad mechanism on one of mine and no one would sell me one. Luckily, my brother works for the company that made them and got me a set for free.