Going from Captains chairs to 60/40 split bench

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Kraziken, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Kraziken

Kraziken Rockstar 100 Posts

Hello,

I recently upgraded and bought a 2005 GMC Yukon XL. The vehicle had low miles so I bought even though I prefer the bench over the captains chairs. I found a 60/40 split bench on craigslist and the seat leather was in good condition.

Problem was, I didn't install the seat after a couple of weeks, and when I finally did install, I noticed that the buckles were missing. I went to the dealer and tried to purchase a set, but it seems the model years must have changed a little.

I think the 60/40 second row is from a 2003, maybe 2004. If anyone who has this model year Burb, if you could send me a pic of the seat tracks, and the buckles, I'd appreciate it. On top of acquiring the buckles, I need to figure out what trim pieces match up to my rigs interior color.

Thanks
    Ken

- - - Updated - - -

My center seat appears to be lap belt only. And perhaps 2003 and newer have shoulder restraint in the middle seat? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My 03 had a lap belt on the center. Good luck finding belts. I had a bad mechanism on one of mine and no one would sell me one. Luckily, my brother works for the company that made them and got me a set for free.