1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going to GM HQ in Detroit

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Thanks to everyone on this site and the huge traffic that we've been getting - GM has invited me to a 1 day event in Detroit next Monday.

I'll get to tour the design facility, meet the top designers and platform directors and then go out to the proving grounds and drive all of the new vehicles that are coing out ... and the cool part is that I will get to meet with the new executive team, including Fritz Henderson and Bub Lutz.

No, it's not just me, there will be 100 total "consumers and influencers" that are invited total on Monday and Tuesday is the Media day, but I'll be back home.

This is recognition of just how influential this website has become (and we have a LOT more planned for future growth and benefit back to you, the GM enthusiast. Most of all, it's a recognition of you as the rabid GM fan that makes all of this possible.

I plan on twittering, taking photos, live blogging and getting as much down as I can live when I'm there.

.... more details to come.
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

That's really cool Steve. I'm jealous! Take lots of pictures and bring us all back a T-Shirt! :)
  3. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

that is awesome steve. hopefully you will gwt to drive the new vette comin out too
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

WOOOOOOOW, I am truly jealous, so maybe as such a premier site for truck support you can get some prizes out from their clutches!!
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is so awesome! Maybe some year they will let you invite your Street Team/Mods to accompany you LOL.
  6. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

Steve do not try and take a camera with you to the proving grounds. They will take your phone when you go through security if it has a camera. I work there quite often and it's a pain. We have to inventory all items on our service trucks and have it all documented, real fun. It is a great place to see all kinds of cool stuff though.

Oh ya, have fun!

Give me a call I'm about 10 min from the proving grounds.
  7. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul New Member

wow man, thats great. congratulations!!!

I hope it goes well, and make sure you have a great time.
  8. kgibson181

kgibson181 New Member 1000 Posts

Nice that sounds like its going to be great! Glad the sites being recognized
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I can take a camera to the proving grounds ... that's the entire point of me going, to help publicize the stuff that I get to drive and do there. So I should be able to twitter via my cell phone from there too if I can get the service working properly.

... I've got other stuff planned for future contests, btw. More to come in early September.
  10. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

Well that's good, I hope you get some good pics. There is good cell service here you should have no problem with that.