1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going To Look at A Truck This Weekend

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by In2Trux, Mar 10, 2010.

1. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

If everything goes as planned I'm gonna go check out a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4 Duramax.
    This is gonna be my first diesel truck.

What should I be looking for other then the obvious that would tell me to turn around and run.
    From what it looks like in the pictures, it has been well taken care of. And it hasn't had any ad ons( No accessories added)
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would say age of the owner will give you alot. Your first impression with a private seller is always big in my book, if the guy is a douche I leave
  3. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Warning.... Once you own a Diesel you won't want to go back to Gas...... :lol:
  4. gmfreak

gmfreak New Member

In 04 they had two different engines in these trucks, a 1 and a 2 engine. DO NOT buy it if it is a 1 engine. It has the first design injectors and they WILL go bad and depending on where you take it the parts may not be warranty.
  5. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

Good point, I guess if he is sum cowboy covered in tattoos and piercings and every second word is F--- I'll run.
    If he is an old man we'll talk :happy:
  6. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Make sure you go with cash in hand, most private sellers will knock a ton off of the price for the promise of cash in hand if you can do it.
  7. Project Reaper

Project Reaper Rockstar 100 Posts

my next truck will be a diesel for sure but make sure it has the allison tranny option!!! ALLISON FTW! lol
  8. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

Wow !!! I'm not gonna work around with 20K in my pocket :gasp:
  9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What's wrong with tatoos?
  10. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

I knew, as soon as I typed that, that I would have to explain myself LOL

Nothings wrong with Tats I'm stereotyping SORRY

I was thinking about getting a tattoo also. I just can't decide on one.
    I know it's something I have to live with for the rest of my life. :neutral: