1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golling Buick GMC, Lake orion, MI

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Reviews' started by Pikey, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We had my wife's torrent serviced there repeatedly. The heated seats did not work consistently for 2 years. While trying to fix the seats they removed the bezel around the shifter. Apparently, they broke the clips off of the back. They super glued it back on. It probably would not have been a big deal except that the glue was pouring out of the edges and very noticeable. So, we took it back so they could fix that and the heated seats (for the 5th time!) They still could not figure out what the issue was. There work was like a crappy oil change shop had decided to try to fix my car, everything looked sloppy and horrible. Finally, they hired a new assistant service manager. This guy got our seats fixed, replaced the counsel AND replaced the leather seat skin because they had damaged the seams by removing it and replacing it 8 times (not kidding about 8 times!). For about 2 years I could take the vehicle there and the service department was excellent! Everything fixed the first time. Everything clean and professional looking when the job was completed. Then, around March of 2012 we took the Torrent in for an issue that we had reported previously. The service manager was fired and a new manager hired. The awesome assistant manager was gone also. I assume that he left because they did not make him service manager. (he was running the place anyway). From there the service department went back to it's old ways. I called the dealer when her car had a hard start issue. I was 70 miles away and had 40 miles left in my bumper to bumper warranty. I told them that when I got there I would be over warranty by 30 miles. I could tow it in if they would like. They told me not to worry about 30 miles, it would be covered. When I got there The first thing that the service writer tried to do was sell me a battery for a car 3 years old! Then when I said to test it they said it would be $45. So, I declined. Then they tried to sell me an induction cleaning service. Then they told me that I was 30 miles over warranty so only power train was covered. (Um, I just called and spoke with you, you told me not to worry about the 30 miles) This was all before they even took the car back to check out my issue. They ended up putting a fuel pump in it. I went to pick it up and they apparently forgot to connect a plug. CEL light, no fuel gauge reading. This was right after starting it. They must have not test drove it after the install. It took them another full day to fix the issue. Then I find out that Golling GMC charged GM for a bad connector to cover their cost of dropping the fuel tank again. I went to start it when we picked it up and the same original issue occurred. I went back inside and spoke with the adviser. He stated that they could not duplicate the issue. Then why did they put a pump in?? I was told that any further diagnosis would be at a rate of $93 an hour. My neighbor took their Acadia in for a wheel bearing (under warranty), They changed they wheel bearing and when they neighbor picked it up the CEL was on. He went in and said that it was not on when he dropped it off. The advisor told him that it is probably unrelated issue and he would have to bring it back the next day to get it checked out. Why would a dealer that has a car in with a full bumper to bumper warranty let a vehicle leave with a CEL on? This is the worst run service department I have ever been to. Their sales department is terrible also. My neighbor who works for GM went in to buy a new Sierra (he already bought 2 from them and a Acadia) from Golling GMC He told the sales guy he wanted a sierra. The guy pointed at a Denali and said "there are the denalis) my neighbor told him that he did not want a denali, just a regular sierra. The sales guy pointed to the back of the lot, said "they are back there" and walked away! Needless to say he purchased at another dealer. Their parts department is pretty good. The guy that runs it is knowledgeable and very helpful. I have purchased from them a few times. I did have one issue. I needed some power steering line o-rings. They wanted $7 a piece, but insisted I but in packs of 10. I called a chevy dealer right down the street, they were the same price, but would sell them individually. I would NOT recommend going to Golling GMC. If you are in the area and stuck I would be willing to personally tow you somewhere else rather than subject you and your vehicle to their service department. You would be better of driving 20 miles to another GMC dealer.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

Pikey,

I'm sorry you had this experience. If you would like to file a dealership complaint, feel free to PM me with your information.

Evan, GM Customer Service
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Evan,
    I filed a compliant when the heated seat/ center console issue happened. I also filed a complaint after the fuel pump issue. I have yet to hear anything from GM customer service about the complaint. This and the lack of interest in my complaint by GM customer service is what drove my family to sell the Torrent and purchase a Dodge
  4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

Pikey,

Again, I am sorry that you are dissatisfied with your situation. If there is anything I can do please feel free to contact me.

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service