1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Gone Country on CMT

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I caught a bit of this show when it aired on CMT last night, I thought I was going to be a trainwreck, but it turned out to be pretty good. Anyone else catch it?

Here's what CMT had to say:

The series features an eclectic cast of performers including:

Bobby Brown -- R&B singer, former member of New Edition

Carnie Wilson -- singer-songwriter, former member of Wilson Phillips and author

Dee Snider -- radio personality, lead singer Twisted Sister

Diana DeGarmo -- recording artist, Broadway actor and 2004 American Idol finalist

Julio Iglesias Jr. -- pop singer

Maureen McCormick -- singer-actor, The Brady Bunch

Sisqó -- R&B singer, former member of the group Dru Hill

Gone Country uproots these seven musical celebrities and moves them into a Nashville mansion together to embark on a two-week adventure, hosted by singer-songwriter John Rich. Each celebrity will be paired up with some of Nashville's finest songwriters in an attempt to prepare them for a career in country music. In each episode, the cast competes against each other in challenges that will test them musically and physically to adapt to a country music lifestyle, both on and off the stage. At the end of the two weeks, the artist who is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release a song.