1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good Day or Bad Day?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You go Steve!
    I'll just be at work today inside while it's 100 outside and countless boats are driving by headed for the lake. I am having a 24' pool installed this coming Wednesday so I just might be swimming on the 4th (after i get off work that is).
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The fire ants came over from Africa and landed in Alabama like 100+ years ago. They are spreading all over the south and will soon be up in Washington I'll bet! Watch for them!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds good, we're thinking of getting a pool when the kids are older to help these hot texas summers.
  4. dwill3015

You know as well as I do that Washington weather is usually mild to say the least but it's great family fun and affordable to have a pool in the backyard. We have gone through 3 soft pools (blow-up ring on the top) but they never last more than a few years so instead of going back to Walmart for the $299 pool, we financed a 24' doughboy style pool that has a 30-year warranty. Here is the LINK. This one will be proffessionally installed but I do have a deck to build after installation which will look like THIS
  5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice pool :great: maybe in a couple of years we will buy one too but for now they have to settle for the soft pool :glasses:
    I love to repair the holes the cats make in the soft side :rofl:

[​IMG]
  6. dwill3015

That is a BEAUTIFUL home Peter!
    That is the same pools I have had. We started with a 15' and then the last 2 were 18'. Our large Pitbull attacked our last pool while playing with the other dogs and ripped a big chunk out of it so wih this new pool having metal sides should last longer.