1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good Intakes for a 2010 Sierra 4.8L?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Falcone, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys, I just got my new sierra and looking to do a thing or two to it. Its the 4.8 vortec 4x4 with the g80 locking rear end and towing package. Also the nevada edition but I don't think that matters much.

Any advice on a good intake kit? I don't do too much off roading, but do from time to time. Also I live in Toronto, so snow/salt is a factor.

Also, not looking to spend a ton on it. But if its good, quality costs, right?
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I like my Gale Banks. BanksPower.com
  3. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have a K&N. Im pleased with it. I like the look of the volants though.
  4. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

any other kits I should look into?
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

AFE.com, AEM.com Volant.com
  6. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

i myself have the AEM Brute Force intake and you just got to love it! you dont need to oil it like the K&N and run the risk of getting that oil on your MAF sensor, a big reason why i got it. easy to maintain and also comes with a heat shield. you might want to look into it. and is a couple dollars cheaper than K&N