1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good Looking Interior Lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by zigger215, Feb 1, 2013.

1. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

So I'm up north workin in the oil fields of prudhoe bay right now (story of my life) and my girlfriend has some stuff to haul in my truck. We were worried it wouldn't start because its been -50 in Fairbanks for the last week or so (it warmed up to 10above yesterday) so she went out and tried starting it, the ol' silverado didn't let her down. She fired right up and then Alida took a picture of the interior lighting in the dark. I thought I'd share, this is a full LED conversion.

image-2342541099.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

that looks pretty sweet! Are the dimable? I kike how white they are, but they look really bright. I tend to keep my dash lights dimmed pretty low. Did you do the steering wheel controls also? The hvac controls? If so, how hard were they to do? I have 4 of the 8 buttons on my wheel controls with no lights and a few out on my hvac controls.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That looks awesome!!

It's one of those mods that everyone wants, but I just can't justify the labor in taking everything apart and soldering all that in. The white looks very nice!!
  4. zigger215

They are dimmable. Yea I did the hvac and everything. The entire project took close to 8hrs start to finish. Having a big ass shop tends to help out a lot.
  5. zigger215

I actually had to drill into the steering wheel circuit for the light switch to install the bigger, rivet style LED. The LEDs are from vision x use

image-3272771270.jpg
  6. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I may be harassing you in the near future for more info about the steering wheel controls. I have never installed led lights. I have no idea what resister I would need to use (if any) or what to purchase. I have been directed to many sights by other posts. But, I still have no idea what to buy. I can solder with no problem.
  7. zigger215

Well my suggestion would be to go with vision x LEDs. They have the resistors in line already and they offer a wide imaging angle for more even lighting.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've considered doing this in blue but like others I can't justify the time associated with it. Perhaps when I have nothing better to do. :)
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thats a ton of work and it shows.. Can you post some before and after pics?
  10. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That's what I want to do, but most of my lights are replaceable. Except for the 4wd back lights, headlight switch and door controls.