Good Looking Interior Lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by zigger215, Feb 1, 2013.

1. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Sorry enkei, I'm horrible at remember to take pictures...I don't have any of before. Just some during the install. Most of my lights were out.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Ok Sooooo We are waiting..[​IMG] Take them out and put back the Stock ones...[​IMG] Then take some before and after shots...

Get out of the [​IMG] and get to work.....ok ok....They do look good...[​IMG]

3. zigger215

Lol classic! I am thinking about removing them...I have some switches I want to replace, notice on the steering wheel buttons on the right side of the wheel, the paint is wearing off and you can see the light through the paint. I don't like that.

4. Jalapeno Business

Jalapeno Business New Member

I have this same problem on the steering wheel controls and a couple on the stereo. Truck just rolled over 257,000 miles, too.

5. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

LED conversions are a pain but they look so good when finished! I redid just my cluster and A/C controls and I love them!

If interested in using a resistor I used a 460ohm on all of mine.

6. zigger215

These are preloaded. Every LED needs a different load resistor based on the specs of the LED.

7. Zac001

Zac001 New Member

that looks very clean... great job!!!

8. devil_doc7721

devil_doc7721 Member

those look really cool i definetly would like to do mind in blue LED. anybody know how much it would cost to get somebody to do them for us who are not very electricly sound?

9. zigger215

I've been thinking about offering my services but I don't know what kind of price I would do...it takes a LOT of time to convert an interior.

10. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had replaced all of my interior lights in my Silverado with blue LEDs and I liked it a lot better than the factory greenish-white incandescent lights. I've been seriously considering swapping everything out to some nice clean white LEDs in the Avalanche, but with a lot more electronics, it's a lot more work. This time I would have heated seat controls, power window controls, sunroof switch, steering wheel, etc. etc. instead of just gauges, radio, headlight switch, and climate controls like my old truck had. I'll probably still eventually get around to it.
    [MENTION=50750]zigger215[/MENTION] Just out of curiosity, I know a lot of GMs lighting stuff has the blue-green stuff on the back of it that gives the incandescent lights that weird greenish color - did you need to remove that when you swapped to white LEDs? And if so, how did you do it?