1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good morning from NM

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jos-b, Apr 4, 2014.

1. jos-b

jos-b New Member

Good morning, friends. Joe here. Chevy man through and through, I've got a 2008 Silverado LT 1500 Z71, 2002 Impala hand me down from my dad, and a 64 Chevelle ragtop I drive around when the weather's nice out.
    I live in Albuquerque and work with NMDOT in Santa Fe, but my heart is in my hometown of Pecos, NM.

I've actually registered this morning to start off with because I'm having an issue with my cruise control on the pickup. It turns on (light by the switch on the steering whell turns on), but the speed control won't actually engage. No light in the dash, nada.
    Any ideas where I can start trying to troubleshoot this issue?
  2. 4silverado

4silverado Member

Welcome to the site!
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site [MENTION=67349]jos-b[/MENTION]!! You might check to make sure you dont have a blown fuse for the cruise control. Even though the light comes on the cruise itself could be a seperate curcuit. If you find the problem let us know as it will help with someone with the same problem in the future.. Any pics of your truck???
  4. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome. I'm down here in Alamogordo/Holloman AFB. There are a few of us on here in NM, but not too many... Nonetheless, welcome! Greg
  5. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! And X2 what the phantom said.
  6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hi jos-b,

Hello to the forum! As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  7. jos-b

jos-b New Member

Turns out it was the switch on the brake pedal. It's working right now, but will be replacing the switch soon. Thanks for all the replies and advice, friends!
    Greg, USAF Suburban, if I'm ever down that way, I'll look you up. I travel statewide with work every once in a while.
    I'm actually doing quite a bit of research on the highway Right of Way at all of the gates to the bombing ranges as well as the gates into Holloman for a permit that was requested from our district office in Roswell.
  8. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

By all means, if you are ever this way, drop a line.