1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good morning from Ohio

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Josh.Monroe, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Josh.Monroe

Josh.Monroe New Member

So, in an effort to save money, my wife and I sold our paid off 2012 Honda Fit, and used the cash to get me a 2003 Yukon XL for my woodworking business. What an upgrade! (though going from 35+mpg to 20mpg is less than exciting)

The truck had a few issues, but I've already gotten into the thick of things. I've repair my EBCM, which turned off the ABS, Brake, and "service brake system" lights, by resoldering internal connections. I LOVE saving money, and hopefully ideas from this forum will help me do that more.

I have been a car guy for a long time, but the Yukon XL is my first real truck. I've been missing out!
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Josh, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club, from Ohio
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Greetings from Amish Country Ohio

I have always heard of people doing that with the EBCM, but I've never actually done it myself. I know I priced one for my Silverado, and they wanted $2,200 for a new one so I just deleted it all together.
  6. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club!

what kind of woodworking business do you do? I have done some cool projects myself.
  7. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to The Club, Josh. Enjoy the Yukon. I love mine.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  9. Josh.Monroe

Josh.Monroe New Member

I do furniture mostly, but I've done some artistic things (non-furniture) things too. One of my most popular was a replica of the 'Master Sword' from the Zelda video game for a kids birthday. He, and every adult at the party, was blown away. (sorry to toot my own horn)

TRPLXL2 - The fix was easy-peazy. I'm not experienced with electronics AT ALL, and I did it in <hour. Just blob some solder onto the contacts and its done.
  10. gmfan21

gmfan21 New Member

welcome to the forums.