1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good price for exhaust??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by MWright936, Jun 9, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I just got a quote from a local shop today and wanted to see if yall think it's a fair price. It's for a single in dual out Magnaflow with pipes coming out the back corners with chrome tips. The price he quoted me, labor included, was $360. Does that sound about right, or should I keep looking?
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

that is a really good price for magnaflow. i paid around there for my exhaust. so doooo eeeeeetttt
  3. gotchapunk

gotchapunk New Member

I payed $299 for single in dual out flowmaster 40s after install. $360 for magnaflow sound like a good deal. If you dont mind an hour and half drive you could go where I went they might have some specials . the place is called "Its muffler time" on hwy 105 in conroe they are the cheapest in town for us.
  4. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

That same kit for my 04' was $850 CDN installed. I used a local custom shop and got it done cheaper. Don't forget our dollar about even now so I'd go for $350.
  5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my 99 suburban was 380 with 2 $45 tips included, dual in dual out magnaflow custom bent, 45 degree bend at tips for side exits, go for it
  6. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for the tips guys! Now that I know it's a good deal, I know where to go when I'm ready to get it done. Right now I just can't afford any unnecessary toys. I will probably be getting married at the end of this year, so I need to save some $$. Some day though!!
  7. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

Dude, you have know idea. Spend the money or she will. Just tell her you'll get better mpg.
  8. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 Rockstar

thats cheap compared to what i got quoted for yesturday for a single in dual out flowmaster with 3.5" stainless tips of about 450 before tax
  9. Doug C.

Doug C. Rockstar

I live in Pa. and paid $400.00 for a Magnaflow dual in dual out w/all stainless pipes and tips all welded on my 99 2-dr Tahoe