Good price on this Trailblazer? 2006 Trailblazer EXT LS 5.3 V8

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by ChevyFan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is a possibility that we could get another Trailblazer, this time a Trailblazer EXT or an Envoy XL.

Anyhow, I just went down to Park Cities Ford, which is in the uptown area of Dallas (I suppose) and it was a very nice experience, I think they just want too much for their vehicle.

2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LS 5.3 V8 >>

What does everyone think about this?
    Let's get some opinions on this. Does everyone think that this 2006 Trailblazer is priced too high, too low, or just right? They've had it in their inventory unsold for FOUR MONTHS and they wouldn't do a deal with me on it.

It's pretty clean, but not detailed. It drove great, but still has 50,000 miles. It's got the v8 and you can feel the power when you punch it, but it's the LS model with a lot of upgrades. They're asking $17,383 for it, which is super-crazy high. I thought it would sell for about $13,500, but they wouldn't take it and walked away. But they were very nice and professional about it. Just couldn't come together on a deal.

Anyhow, take a look and let me know what you think. If you want to buy it, give Jonathan Rankin a call down there and he'll help you cut the deal.

[​IMG][​IMG]

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Oh, and it's not true that "all it needs is a new home", there are a few dings in the paint here and there, something is messed up on the rear drivers door, the internal door handle bezel is broken too and needs to be replaced. Plus I didn't get ice-cold AC from the rear, but it did feel like it was working.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Oh, it needs the cupholder inserts too. You can get those at the GM dealer or online at you-know-where.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Price is way to high.

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2 on way to high, but still a nice looking truck. and the 5.3L is a great motor.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What type of price is reasonable? I have my ideas, just wondered what other ppl think.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Like I said, my bid would be for $13,500 for a fair deal. They were asking $17,388 which is $3,888 more than I think a fair price is, or about 28.5% more than I think it's worth.

This place is probably a little slick for their own good. They wanted to take a photocopy of my drivers license, which I will never do under any circumstance and I think that this should never be done. Althought there are different parts of the coutnry with higher stolen car rates, so they do this for their own protection and insurance, so maybe I can see their point on this.

Anyhow, it's not sold in four months, so that typically means that the price needs to come down.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Plus it's kind of creepy to have that guy at the top header of the page pointing down on the screen.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would wait until they called you back. Have you asked your banker what the loan and book value are?