Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Goodbye Tundra / Hello Silverado!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by WhiteRabbit, Oct 26, 2009.

1. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit New Member

Hi folks!. Just getting registered here and hope to learn about my new 2009 Silverado Ext Cab.

I am coming back to Chevy off a 2 year lease on a Toyota Tundra. If you want any opinions from me on that POS don't hesitate to ask.

My 09 is Summit White and one of the first things I'll be doing is getting the front window tinted. Does anyone have an estimate of what percentage is the factory rear privacy glass? Would Limo tint look like a match or appear to be backwards with the fronts darker than the rears..

also I am trying to decide about what to do with the Door handles. Are there options there with going with body colored door handles or chrome overlays.. Same with the mirrors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's a good looking truck! Welcome to the site! :sign0016:
  3. 1ATony

1ATony Rockstar GMTC Sponsor 100 Posts

nice truck,Welcome to the site.
  4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Great looking truck, the white is my second favorite color. Options are endless with that new rig, congrats and welcome to the site.

I like black:)
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:to the site,Congrats on the New Ride....Love the color!!!.....:lol:
  6. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit New Member

Thanks GUYS!. Funny I almost went with a black one and agree it's a great color too but man is it a job to keep clean!. Plus the black one had me giving up too many gadgets so it was a no brainer.
  7. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy Rockstar 100 Posts

Good for you, get rid of that TOY-ota, welcome to the site
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and welcome back to GM, as for the tint a good shop can test what your rears are, or you can go to your local State Trooper office and they can test them. Just give them some excuse, that you have another truck that didnt have tint and you want the same darkness.
  9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  10. mainec

mainec Rockstar

Welcome to the family!!! Congrats on the truck!!!