1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Goodyear MTR's

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ippielb, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, browsing my local classifieds i found a guy parting out his truck, and i found a set of 4, goodyear MTR's, size is 235/85r16, so around 32" tall, and 9" wide, a tall skinny mud terrain tire! Two tires were 70% tread, and the other two, were pretty near done, they have odd tread wear, from some retard driving around with broken tie rods. so some is like 20% and some is 50%. Very odd tread wear, but i couldn't say no. I bought all 4 tires for $100! I would have paid $50 a piece for the good two! So, for $25 a tire, i couldn't say no.

Here's some pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry those pictures were crappy and small. Here's a big one showing the tread difference from a good tire and one of the bad ones.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, that's a good find. They look good!
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

nice find :)
  4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks, they're looking pretty good, and they'll do great in snow, since they're a thinner tire.