Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tire - The Secret Tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by countryboy73703, Jul 27, 2009.

1. countryboy73703

countryboy73703 Rockstar

Allright, so I'm looking for tires, and I was just browsing and I found a pretty good lookin' A/T at walmart, however they are the only place that carries it, even looked online for it, so I was just wondering if anybody has used it, and any opinions on it it's the good year wrangler authority.... let me know.. thanks

Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tires

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Never heard of it........

3. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

x2............

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's a house brand made for WalMart by Goodyear. Wal-Mart buys trainloads of them and gets a huge price break. The reason why they do this is so dealers won't buy tires from WalMart and resell them.
    I have a Ruger 10/22 rifle that I bought from Wal-Mart back in the 80s. Come to find out this particular rifle was only sold by WalMart. Again the reason is to pass the savings along to the consumer rather than dealers who will mark them up and make a profit at your expense.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Never a huge fan of Goodyear tires. I just put a set of BFG ATs on the 97. No substitute in my opinion. This is my third set, first on this truck. Probably will never buy anything else, except dedicated snows.

6. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've seen them as well at walmart and they look very aggressive but never had any performance experiences with them.

7. brayden282

brayden282 New Member

goodyear wrangler authorities

I just had four of these put on my 98 1500 and they seem to be excellent tires with a really agressive look to them. I got four 31x10.50r15 and the total with the road hazard and lifetime balance/rotation was $598 before tax.

8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

walmart tires are junk goodyear should never put their name on that tire

9. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

I too have also heard that walmart tires are a lesser tire than ones sold at dealers. Don't know if it's true or not just what i've heard. Sure are cheap though.

10. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

are these the tires your talking about?only pic i could find

[​IMG]