Goodyear Wrangler Authority ???

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Magna86, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Magna86

Magna86 Rockstar

I know these tires are made specifically for Wal Mart. They sizing is a little limited but they look like great AT tires expeciallyfor the price. My question is does any one run them? What your experiences? I have a 00 1500 Z71 and have been pricing tires. I don't haul or tow much so not worried about a heavy load rating. the come in C and E load rating's and have some good reviews. What you guys think?

0069766209367_100X100.jpg

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

3. Magna86

Magna86 Rockstar

I just got done reading that thread and others on these tires. I think i'm gonna get a set. Just have to get the installed price from my local Walmart.

4. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles New Member

I've had them for about 8 months now . Mine are 265/75/16 10 ply . Our road is seriously rocky and our nieghbors ate 3 sets of 6 plys last year .
    I love them . Great in mud and snow , heavy snow & combined Ice Storm last week really put them to the test , (had a fair amount this past week) . No troubles at all . A bit noisy on the road (just crank your tunes a bit louder) ! Also great with "Tail-Gaters" , these suckers pick up great rocks which launch like rockets at 50-60+ on the black top !!
    Yep I got them with nationwide road hazzard , lifetime balance all about $950.00 after taxes and warranties etc.
    Think about this ,,,, Your on a trip out of town and one tire gets "fragged" if you have an obscure brand tire where can you go ? The Good Years from Wally World are ALOT easier to have replaced .
    Steve

5. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles New Member

Correction on price ; Mine were $850.00 and change . If you go for a lighter ply they are substanially less . I really wanted the Good Year MTR's with the Kevlar . These Ozark rocks are like razors . But the tread was way too agressive for sustained road use . My neighbor had a set of 285/75/17's (i believe) and they were slap worn out at 35k . Too high dollar for that !
    The Authority's are great ! I ran BFG's and liked them (can't remember the "line" but they aren't made anymore) .
    Let us know when you get them on and take them for an off-road ride . Don't skimp on the ply rating if you can manage .
    Steve

6. Okimaw

Okimaw Rockstar

I've been running them for a little over a year now, about 36,000 km. They are 265/75/16 E range. The tread wear has been really good and traction in wet, snowy, and icy conditions has been the best tires I've had so far. The sad thing is I bought them before I put in my keys and AAL and they just look to small so now I'm just gonna sell them and the stockers after I get some bigger tires and rims