1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Goodyear Wrangler Authority ???

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Magna86, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Magna86

Magna86 New Member

I know these tires are made specifically for Wal Mart. They sizing is a little limited but they look like great AT tires expeciallyfor the price. My question is does any one run them? What your experiences? I have a 00 1500 Z71 and have been pricing tires. I don't haul or tow much so not worried about a heavy load rating. the come in C and E load rating's and have some good reviews. What you guys think?

0069766209367_100X100.jpg
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. Magna86

Magna86 New Member

I just got done reading that thread and others on these tires. I think i'm gonna get a set. Just have to get the installed price from my local Walmart.
  4. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles New Member

I've had them for about 8 months now . Mine are 265/75/16 10 ply . Our road is seriously rocky and our nieghbors ate 3 sets of 6 plys last year .
    I love them . Great in mud and snow , heavy snow & combined Ice Storm last week really put them to the test , (had a fair amount this past week) . No troubles at all . A bit noisy on the road (just crank your tunes a bit louder) ! Also great with "Tail-Gaters" , these suckers pick up great rocks which launch like rockets at 50-60+ on the black top !!
    Yep I got them with nationwide road hazzard , lifetime balance all about $950.00 after taxes and warranties etc.
    Think about this ,,,, Your on a trip out of town and one tire gets "fragged" if you have an obscure brand tire where can you go ? The Good Years from Wally World are ALOT easier to have replaced .
    Steve
  5. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles New Member

Correction on price ; Mine were $850.00 and change . If you go for a lighter ply they are substanially less . I really wanted the Good Year MTR's with the Kevlar . These Ozark rocks are like razors . But the tread was way too agressive for sustained road use . My neighbor had a set of 285/75/17's (i believe) and they were slap worn out at 35k . Too high dollar for that !
    The Authority's are great ! I ran BFG's and liked them (can't remember the "line" but they aren't made anymore) .
    Let us know when you get them on and take them for an off-road ride . Don't skimp on the ply rating if you can manage .
    Steve
  6. Okimaw

Okimaw New Member

I've been running them for a little over a year now, about 36,000 km. They are 265/75/16 E range. The tread wear has been really good and traction in wet, snowy, and icy conditions has been the best tires I've had so far. The sad thing is I bought them before I put in my keys and AAL and they just look to small so now I'm just gonna sell them and the stockers after I get some bigger tires and rims