1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Goodyear Wrangler SR-A Review

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ChevyFan, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Anyone have the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A - P245/70R17 108S VSB tire? I've been looking at them for a replacement tire for my Traverse.

goodyear_wrangler_sra_53.jpg [h=3][/h]
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

I made the switch from good year to firestone several years ago, to the destination LE series for my trailblazer, I was very pleased, a 60 k tire. I have the firestone firehawks on my HHR, great for the HHR as its a sporty all season, from the facotry the HHR was fitted with a performance tire which was great on dry road, bad in all other conditions. Goodyear does make a great tire, I like the firestone better for myself. Its a good design and good technology in the destination LE.
    http://dev2-tp.laughlin.com/tire_catalog/Firestone/DestinationLELTR
  3. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member

Steve, did you get tires yet? If not, you might want to rethink the SRA? There are over 1000 reviews of that tire on tire rack, and overall score is 6.1...not very good. The biggest problems are poor wet traction, and uneven wear. One of the highest rated tires on TR is the Firestone destination LE2...it rates an 8.7 out of 10. I think they are a bit less $$, too. Good luck. Jim
  4. Trevor41

Trevor41 New Member

Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires are garbage. Purchased new four which now have to be replaced with less than 30,000km on them. Side walls are cracked up and would of had blowouts if not discovered. These tires should be recalled