1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Google Street View captures GM Strike

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by GMTC_Admin, Aug 12, 2008.

1. GMTC_Admin

GMTC_Admin Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Was surfing through the Google Street View and I came across the GM Plant in Arlington, Texas! Couldn't believe it, they drove by during the strike in September 2007!

Take a look at some of the folks on strike. The guy on the left on the top image looks like he's got to take a leak, someone should give him a break. Feel free to comment!

Back Entrance - See Map Here

[​IMG]

Here are some more:

Side Entrance - See Map Here

[​IMG]

Entrance - See Map Here

[​IMG]

parking lot - See Map Here

[​IMG]

2. GMTC_Admin

GMTC_Admin Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This was posted nearly 1 year ago, am I the only one that thinks this is interesting? :neutral:

4. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thats pretty lucky timing on the photographers part! Unless they planned it.

5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

lucky, i use google earth and was looking at my dads house and you could see him out mowing the lawn

6. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

lol just so you guys know in case your wondering, its taken by a satellite image, not buy some person walking around. this is cool how it cought it though, it cought my neighbor washing his truck, and it shows my truck sitting in my driveway

7. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ummm.....nope. Street Views are captured by a fleet of vehicles. See just some of the vehicles here: http://images.google.com/images?sou...&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5

Herculean task by google to map street views of all major cities and towns. I spotted one in Hesperia, Ca and followed it for awhile hoping I'd eventually see my truck in a street view. Got bored looking online for it so I don't know if the pics ever showed up.

[​IMG]

8. KylerStern

KylerStern New Member

nice cant believe the timing of that

9. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

really? i showed my neighbor that, and he said he never saw it in the neighbor hood, he is on the street view looking right twards it

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I still think that this is pretty good coincidence.