got a great story!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MXZ1983, Oct 24, 2010.

1. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Rockstar 100 Posts

so my brother in law has wanted a silverado for a bit of time now, and he got the opportunity to pick one up. he had a friend that had a truck sitting for some time that they thought needed a transfer case. It is a 2000 half ton 4wheel drive with the 5.3. Silver truck, really good looking, and one spot of rust on the drivers side rocker panel. Brand new tires and the thing looks cherry. They thought it needed a lot of money put into it for the transfer case, so they told him he could pick it up for 800 bux. He went and test drove it, it has 150k on it. He looked into the truck, figured it was worth the purchase. On his way home the 4 wheel low light popped on, so he stopped to check it out. He switched it from 4 low to 2 wheel drive, and it shifted perfect and switched from 4 to 2 perfect. They didn't know how to switch it from 4 low, as in neutral, so they thought the transfer case was shot. It is perfectly fine. He got an amazing truck for 800 bux that needed nothing!!! what a lucky catch!

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Haha wow thats amazing! Thats the deal of a life time! hopefully that really was the case!

3. silver99ado

silver99ado New Member

im his brother in law i only have two pics up right now.. i just got duals put on it so i will have to update more pics..

4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

WOW! what a great deal,congrats on the truck.

5. silver99ado

silver99ado New Member

thanks. its really nice

6. kalashluvr

kalashluvr Rockstar

Ha!! Hope that transfer case doesn't go out now!!

7. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

WOW what an awesome find! Congrats on the new truck!

8. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey MXZ, Your brother in laws friend called. HE WANTS HIS TRUCK BACK..lol

9. silver99ado

silver99ado New Member

LOl yea i hope the transfer case doesnt go out, but it seems to be running fine.. i havent had a problem yet (knock on wood)