Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got a new family member

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by RedneckGirl, Oct 20, 2010.

1. RedneckGirl

RedneckGirl Rockstar

I didn't get the pup I originally wanted my apartments said no since he was a pit. I went to the pound the other day and found a lab mix. She's 7 months old. She was really skiddish and shy the first day I saw her. She would only come up to the front of the cage close enough to sniff me then she would back off. They took her out for me and put us in a room alone together. I got her to come to me a couple times and got a few face kisses. :) The belly rub did her in though I think she would have laid there all day if I kept doing it. I think someone abused her, she has a couple spots on her face and ear. I went up a second day to see her and she came right up to the cage when she saw me. She got really excited. I was happy to see her that way rather then scared the whole time. My aunt said it was because she remembered me. I believe she has pit mixed in her. The only thing her papers said was she was a lab mix. She has a bit of a pit look in the face and has pointy ears. She's short for being 7 months old for a lab but she's long. I am having problems coming up with a name though. My cat's name is Chevy. I like having unique names for my "children". Someone said on my other thread Silvy and the more I think about it I'm starting to like it. My truck is a silveraldo and that would short for it and kind of girlie. I was trying to think of a name to name her after my truck somehow like I did my cat. I thought of Sierra and Cheyne but that technically wouldn't be named after my truck.

030310.jpeg f70db6b7-e4a1-4633-aad0-772640a2c262
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

congrats on the new pup. I just got a black lab a couple months ago (he is about 1 yr 4 months old). not sure the mix either but someone at a dog park mentioned that english labs tend to have a squarer/block shaped head. My dog has that same shaped head.
  3. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Congrats on the new pet. For a name what about Ruby the color of your truck??
  4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Awwww....congrats on the new baby.
  5. RedneckGirl

RedneckGirl Rockstar

Thanks guys. I'm so excited to get her home. It's killing me to have to wait til Friday.
  6. JerryDroid

JerryDroid New Member

It'll give you that much time to find a really great name for her. I like Silvy...it's cute. Sylvia as her full name?..
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Congratulations on the new member to your family!
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats on the new pup, I just got a new pup also. A blue merle border collie.
  9. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. And good on you for going to the pound to rescue one. I rescued my dog from the SPCA, and I wouldn't do it any other way now.
  10. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Congrats on the new pup-looks like a winner.
    How about GM or SBC (small block chevy) ssssbeecee- maybe Vortec(but yours is a TBI right?
    Or fourbyfour, or Black Beauty (she is black) or Beauty or Lucky(she is lucky)
    Our recycled Greyhound is named Phoebe 9heance the Phoebeisis handle-Isis was another recycled greyhound we had- have 4 cats also!

Congrats-show more pictures when you get her!
    Charlie