Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Got a problem what could it be?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by DarkCherry, Mar 29, 2010.

1. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

Ok over the weekend I had some popping/clunking from what sounds like it is coming from either the drive shaft or the front end steering components? Then this morning and this afternoon it happended again, once while pulling out of a parking lot turning front wheels to right, then in my parking garage when I was backing into a parking spot (this time was really loud and shook the front end). Anyone else had this problem? what could it be?

I have a 2008 Silverado 1500 Crew 4x4 LTZ.

2. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

yeah it happend to me with my chevy tahoe 2008 check fender liner . is the sound comes when u turn the wheel left and right ,,,, check the fender liner cos i have this problem also .. aha ok iread ur post yeah its fender liner with tire this is the problem and im sure ,, check it and let me know ok

3. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

thats not the problem, crawled underneath and examined. it appears as though the rubber boot covering the cv joint is loose, but I think the problem might even go further, possibly the cv joint is bad, dropped it off at the dealership this morning, will find out later what the problem is.

4. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

Well I got the truck back from the dealership in an amazing one day fix. Quickest fix I have ever had at a dealership.

The front cv joint was stripped some how, they replaced it along with the shaft and replaced the front passenger side strut/shock, they said it was worn out. This solved all the problems I was having...thank god for a good service department. Anytime I have any issues I will definately be going to Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland, TX. They far exceeded my expectations....usually you have to go over tons of bs before they find the problem. Plus they cleaned it up and washed it, it was long overdue for that.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Happy you had a good experience.
    I may be a chevy lover but you will never sell me anything over a 1998 from the Chevy fullsize fleet.. I wont go to a dealer period. I had to fight to get my truck reparied when i owned a new one...
    That is how Chevy lost me as a "new" car customer...

6. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

Well thats how ford lost me for good. Took 7 times to get my 07 Ford Expedition transmission supposedly fixed, and their fix didnt fix it, finally got fed up and traded it in for my Chevy truck.

Ford would keep my vehicle for over a week trying to find a fix, without providing me a loaner, chevy fixed my truck in a day without any issues. Way better customer service.