Got a weird lock question !!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Keyless Entry Remotes' started by Champagne706, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Champagne706

Champagne706 Member

I have a 2007 Silverado LT and for some dang reason my driver side and passanger door locks stop locking !!! If i lock them manually, then hit the unlock button, it works !!! But they just wont lock !!! Any ideas why ???

Thanks for the time everyone ! :great::great:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

With an LT, you must have the DIC controls to program your locks for different modes. It's a start.

3. Champagne706

Champagne706 Member

haha ok so where do I start damn it !! :lol::lol:

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do you have the redundant radio controls on your steering wheel, or DIC (Driver Information Center) controls on the dash that you can scroll through and see your mileage, mpg, etc. On mine there is a button that takes you to another menu where you can program your locks to engage when the key is turned on, when the truck is put into drive, or I think when you travel 15mph for 10 seconds or more (something like that). There is also programming modes for memory seats etc. found in there. I'm at work and not near my truck or I would read them all off for you but there might be something in there that would help. Owner's manual maybe?

Good luck man!

5. Champagne706

Champagne706 Member

ok i will give it a try ! Thanks

6. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Champagne did you get your locks to work again for you?

7. Champagne706

Champagne706 Member

Yes i did !!!! I ended up having to take it to the dealer, I could not find the problem myself !!! After a tech looking at it for 3 1/2 hours he finally found a pinched wire in the passenger door that would hit the metal on the door and blow the fuse ! :grrrrrr:

The tech told me that there are basically four circuits on the quad cabs ! The front are separate from the rear, and on their own fuses. Plus each set of doors has a fuse for unlock and a fuse for lock ! So there are four fuse for the door locks total on a quad cab ! :confused:

Thank god for warranty !!! :great: