1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got ahold of a Kicker 300.2 and have a few questions...

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by zachmilz, Mar 14, 2011.

1. zachmilz

zachmilz Rockstar 100 Posts

My friend gave me an old Kicker 300.2 amp and I was wondering if I could just put two of my door speakers in each input on the amp and power them. I have aftermarket Kenwood speakers that are rated at 70 watts rms and wanted to power all four of them with this amp. Is it possible? I want to keep the amp at 4 ohms, I don't know if I can wire in series or something with door speakers to be at 4 ohms. Also, how do I go about connecting another power wire since I already have 0 gauge coming from my battery? Can I just use my old 4 gauge wiring and connect it on the battery, too? Then I'd have two power wires coming from my battery? I'd appreciate any input on this.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Get a Dist block and run a 8 Ga to that amp. 8Ga is all you need for it. As for the speakers If I remember right that amp is full range so yes you can do the speakers I would wire 2 per Ch but you will lose Balance or fade.
  3. zachmilz

Okay, I ran 4 gauge from my fuse on my 0 gauge with a fuse in the 4 gauge to my other amp and used rca's from the output of my sub amp to my 300.2. Everything has power, so now I'm going to go hook up my door speakers. Will the way that I hooked up my 4 gauge cause any problems?
  4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If I am picturing it right that should be ok. On my Kicker 650.4 it has a button to push when your not running them with fade and blance... not sure if that 2 channel has one...but if you dont hear anything look for that button on the amp.
  5. zachmilz

[​IMG]

That's the picture I made of how I ran my power wires. Will that cause any damage, or is that okay?
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That should be fine BUT The fuse by the Batt should have a fuse that is = to the Amp draw of the 2 amps together.. Which means if AMP A has a 60 Amp fuse (Draw) and Amp B has a 40 amp draw then you want a 100-120 amp Fuse by the Batt. and don't forget the right fuse in the Dist box.