1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got hit by a FORD...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Untouchable, Mar 22, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member 100 Posts

So today, I'm driving to work. I'm stopped at a light and suddenly...SLAM. A guy in a Mustang just creams the back of my truck. We (meaning I) move off the road so traffic can continue, but he can't move his car. I'm furrious of course, because I'm worried that there is some major damage...but he hit the receiver hitch. When I moved my truck, it pulled his bumper off lol. So after the sudden on-set of anger I realize that I just have a small scratch on the plastic of my bumper, where his is currently attached. He was trying to blame me and the officer called him an idiot for driving the way he was in the rain...plus, I'm in my work uniform (Paramedic) so the officer let me go pretty quick.

Just thought it was nice to mention that my receiver hitch destroyed a Ford. Hahahaha. So, I've decided to change the name of my truck to Betto: The Ford Destroyer.
  2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Now thats a bad thing gone good:gasp:,,, up here in canada if you hit anyone from behind you are at fault no matter what..... Glad you are ok :)
    I have this picture in my head of you handing him his new vgrove bumper road tested and all.... and the look of dred in his face.....:happy:
  3. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member 100 Posts

That's the way it is here, too...but people are still dumb enough to try and blame it on the person they hit.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

serves the idiot right.

glad your truck is ok. my truck has one of those bully hitch steps on it for that very reason, if i get rear ended, they will hit that first.

Alex
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I hate morons that try to blame their f up on others. Glad your trucks ok.
  6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Despite there not being a lot of obvious damage, you may want to send the truck off to the body shop to make sure nothing got shifted. A small rear-end collision can shift the frame, especially since it was a direct hit to the hitch. I'm glad everyone was ok.
  7. SWAT13

SWAT13 New Member 100 Posts

I hope u gave his bumper back. wouldn't want u to get charged with larceny! :rofl::rofl:
  8. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sorry for your misfortune and I'm glad to hear that nobody was hurt!!!!
  9. lquattro04

lquattro04 Member

lmao thats hilarious, but I'n glad to hear there was no major damage or injuries. My previous truck was a lifted S-10 which had duals coming out the back with the tips sticking out a little past the bumper and they had a 45 degree slant on them. Someone rear ended me and the tips actually punctured their hood. Guess they really werent paying attention because their car went under my truck kinda far. Luckily they werent hurt either.
  10. Goldie

Goldie New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X2 what [MENTION=14098]Crawdaddy[/MENTION] said, just to be sure. Glad to hear no one was hurt and the only casualty was the 'stang and probably the driver's pride. I'm going to get a hitch also!