1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got in a discussion with an F150 person about tow ratings.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Dec 12, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ New Member

Some people you just can't reason with...Clearly the most badass truck on the market is the Toyota with its 290,000lb tow rating, and reverse thruster brake system..But thats only when its properly equiped with the inter-galactic tow package.

in all seriousness, thats impressive. Chevy needs cooler adds.
  2. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That's 307,000lb tow rating, get it right.

Has anyone seen the Toyota Deconstructed ads? What Toyota was basically saying is that none of the parts on their trucks wear out in 100K miles. Toyota even states that in this test they had original brake pads and original tires. I'd like to know what brand of tire lasts 100K miles.
  3. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

the F150 or the 1500 chevy/gmc can't tow that much. the engine / drive train even if it had the gears coolers your mentioning of the brakes is a real limiter on what can be towed.

as we all know the frame on a 1500 is very soft and of a thin smaller size than the 2500 trucks. this is also required when you hook up to a 11,000lb tow job.

have you ever seen a truck that carried too much weight before ? the idiot thought he could carry more than the rated amount. bent that frame real good.

Vee shaped
  4. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ New Member

How dare you burst my bubble...
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

hey, look at it this way, if the f-150 guy thinks that way, let him, then when he breaks his truck, you can just laugh at him.

Alex
  6. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Agreed, if I was going to pull over 10K lbs on a regular basis, I would get a 2500HD