GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Got my DIC today

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Bigbomber, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Once it warms up here i'll stick it in!,LOL
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member

That's awesome BigB! I love to be able to see all what is going on with the truck while going down the road.
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member

One of the best things I've done to my truck. And so affordable! Hope you like yours.
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Thanks guys,i can't wait.The guy in the parts dept almost charged me 20.00 more,but i've wanted it for so long that i knew what the price was right down to the penny from looking at the parts on my dealers website.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Congrats!! And it is so simple to install...why wait?...it's not like you live in CN or anything.
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

I would like to keep my fingers,yesterday it was -31 celsius with the windchill.The next few days it supposed to go as low as -40 celsius.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Holy Cow!!! That's waaaayyyy too cold. Ouch! I bet batteries can cause you problems at times, eh? Well, when it finally reaches a balmy zero at some point, you'll enjoy your new toy...a lot!
  8. Vincennes02261897

Haha... is that all!? It's 69F here and it has been dark for hours.
  9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Hey Vin you ARE kidding about it not being cold here right? Or do you not understand Celsius is different than Farenheit?.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  10. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Do you know what is odd about that temp BigB?? I learned this many years ago that the only time Celsius and Farenheit are equal is at -40. I dont deal well with the cold. I really dont know how you and Mike out in CO do it. I was helping a buddy on his truck last night in the driveway and it was 43* and I was about to freeze!!
  11. Vincennes02261897

Hahahaha... I was being sarcastic, buddy. That's ridiculously cold!!! And I certainly understand celcius. I have not always lived in the U.S.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  12. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

We only had a few days this year when the high was -5F or colder....I can't remember what it was with the wind-chill, but it was miserable outside. And during that cold snap, at night it went down into the -20s. Once the snap broke after a few days, all of the broken pipes started bursting from homes, office buildings, warehouses, etc., that it would take days just to get a plumber out....but this is nothing like what BigB lives in. Our cold snaps are just that...cold for a few days and then we move back on to our average Winter daily temp of 45 to 50.

And 43F for you???...quit being a baby!
  13. Vincennes02261897

Ha.. I love cold weather but I don't think I can blame Alston. I don't think I've ever been in temperatures lower than ~5F. So I guess my definition of "cold weather" is relative.

Anyway, I would bet you're wishing you had a heated garage to install that DIC. It's never fun getting something in the mail and not being able to use it!
  14. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Yeah, growing up on the coast of NC I just can't get use to temps under 50*. I have to wear multiple layers once it gets below 40* and when it snows....I look like that little kid off of the Christmas Story.
  15. ippielb

ippielb New Member

I rebuilt my sled in a shop with no heat in it. -30*C on average, the day i put my engine back in it was -45*C, and this is without windchill. It didn't help that the shop that i have is like swiss cheese and the wind goes right through it! haha
  16. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

See what "brain freeze" (literally) does to you? It makes you kinda nuts and numb.
  17. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Ya Vin i would love a heated garage and was thinking of building one but the wife and i have decided to fix our house up a bit more and sell,then i'll get my dream garage.Should start warming up soon.
  18. IanF

IanF New Member

Either warming up or flooding, but I guess that is what Winter-peg is all about Bigbomber. After the big freeze comes the big thaw. Did you buy the full kit or just the switch. I'm looking here locally in Toronto. BUt I would just settle for a spare trim piece and the switch and make my own.
  19. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

I purchased the full kit for $137.00 taxes included.I won't be doing it anytime soon as they are calling for -42 with the windchill tommorow.
  20. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Alright, it's been a couple of weeks now and I am starting to get impatient. Did you get it installed yet?