Got my new brake lines...

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by thrasher, Nov 9, 2011.

1. thrasher

thrasher Rockstar 100 Posts

Wow, these things are almost too pretty to put into my truck!!! LOL!! They're stainless steel, and the complete kit was $330.00 from Summit racing through Ebay!! I will (hopefully) get these babies in this weekend. Will post pics too.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

$330.00 for stainless steel brake lines? Are they gold-plated or something?!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2, that does seem pricy for s/s brake likes. What did the kit include??

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

.....I bought Russell's Stainless Steel Braided 5-Line Brake Setup for my truck and.....Shipped to my Front Door for this setup was.....$164.00

5. thrasher

Well, this is all 7 of the hard lines - 2 that come from the master cylinder to the ABS module, 2 that go from the ABS module to the front wheels 1 that goes from the ABS module to the frame and 2 new lines for the rear axle. Did the rear tonight, not too bad. Had to unbolt & lift 1 side of the bed to snake the new line, but pretty simple so far.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ahh, it included hard lines. Ok that makes a bit more sense...

7. thrasher

Ok. When removing the old brake lines, I had to disconnect all 5 lines going into the ABS module. Looking at the front of the module, there are 3
    lines going across the top row, 2 lines in the bottom row. Top row drivers side goes out to rear, I'm guessing the top middle goes to driver side front, top passenger side goes to passenger side front. the 2 bottom are the lines coming from the master cylinder, not sure which goes where. I had to remove them all to gain access to the rear line, as there was not enough room to swing the wrench far enough to be effective. Anyone have experience with this?? Maybe access to a diagram or repair manual?? I'd appreciate the assistance!!!!

8. thrasher

9. thrasher

Job Done! What a beast!