1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got my old truck running today

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Quad racer#212, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 New Member

I got my 1982 K1500 running to day now to finish it up.

2. Quad racer#212

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats! How long was it down?
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts

It sounds really good!!!!!:great:
  5. Quad racer#212

I got the truckabout 6 months ago. I paid $1,000.00 for it with a broken flywheel and a badtransmission. The mud and oil covered 350 was pulled out and went on a motorstand. I then pulled the transmission and transfer case out to have it built.The inner fender were removed and replaced do to rust I cleaned painted theengine bay also replaced motor mounts. The turbo 350 transmission received allnew hard parts and a B&m shift kit with 3000rpm stall. The transfer casegot new oil and seals. As for the motor it started as a bar block bored to4.030. I had the crank rods and pistons balanced. The top end is Edelbrock rpmperformer aluminum heads. I dropped in a cam solid lifters and full rollerrockers victor jr intake and a 750 carb. I have 456 gears for the front and rear axles I also have a locker forthe rear and will be getting a spool for the front.
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Wow, it sounds like you've been a little busy. Got lots of good stuff going on. 450hp is quite a bit...I'm sure you'll be having a ton of fun with it soon :glasses:
  7. Quad racer#212

8. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hey!! Awesome Job!!! SOUNDS GREAT!! Thats why we haven't seen you around for a while... tinkering with the truck... Good work :)
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

sounds mean dude.

should be a fun truck.

Alex
  10. 4x4squared

4x4squared New Member

what kind of exhaust? wish my trucks sounded like that haha