Got my old truck running today

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Quad racer#212, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 Rockstar

I got my 1982 K1500 running to day now to finish it up.

2. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 Rockstar

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats! How long was it down?

4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It sounds really good!!!!!:great:

5. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 Rockstar

I got the truckabout 6 months ago. I paid $1,000.00 for it with a broken flywheel and a badtransmission. The mud and oil covered 350 was pulled out and went on a motorstand. I then pulled the transmission and transfer case out to have it built.The inner fender were removed and replaced do to rust I cleaned painted theengine bay also replaced motor mounts. The turbo 350 transmission received allnew hard parts and a B&m shift kit with 3000rpm stall. The transfer casegot new oil and seals. As for the motor it started as a bar block bored to4.030. I had the crank rods and pistons balanced. The top end is Edelbrock rpmperformer aluminum heads. I dropped in a cam solid lifters and full rollerrockers victor jr intake and a 750 carb. I have 456 gears for the front and rear axles I also have a locker forthe rear and will be getting a spool for the front.

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Wow, it sounds like you've been a little busy. Got lots of good stuff going on. 450hp is quite a bit...I'm sure you'll be having a ton of fun with it soon :glasses:

7. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 Rockstar

8. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hey!! Awesome Job!!! SOUNDS GREAT!! Thats why we haven't seen you around for a while... tinkering with the truck... Good work :)

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

sounds mean dude.

should be a fun truck.

Alex

10. 4x4squared

4x4squared Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

what kind of exhaust? wish my trucks sounded like that haha