1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got my Rockstars on finally!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by HawaiiKid, Jun 11, 2010.

1. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member 100 Posts

Here they are :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love the way they look. They are 20x8.5s, wrapped in Aurora 285/50R20s :party:

Also, heres a pic to show what it looked like before the rims were on it.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  2. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Member 100 Posts

Really change the look of your truck, real nice!!
  3. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

way to go. now you can party like one!!!!:great:
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice looking rims...
  5. mus99gt

mus99gt New Member 100 Posts

Those chrome Rockstars look really good on your truck!!
  6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They look great! Nice choice on those! Thanks for the pictures!:glasses:
  7. Kman1022

Kman1022 New Member

They look great man! Have been thinking about those on my truck too. Not sure If I want the black or chrome. Thinking more the chrome though. Have you noticed much of a loss in mpg since you went up a few inches in rim height?
  8. 04-silverado

04-silverado New Member 100 Posts

It isn't "overall height" of the TIRE (plus the RIM) which affects *ACTUAL/TRUE* MPG... although changing that "overall height" can cause errors when trying to calculate MPG.

If you significantly oversize or undersize (from original mfg specs) your tires+rims, your odometer (and speedometer) will be out of calibration. As a result, there will be a corresponding error if/when you try to calculate MPG (based on an erroneous reading of MILES from your odometer, divided by the number of gallons consumed)... and your speedometer reading will also be erroneous. So...

If you significantly oversize or undersize (from original mfg specs) your tires+rims ... and the "overall height" is changed as a result... then get your system recalibrated, so that your speedometer (and thus your odometer) will be reading correctly. It is the "overall height" of the TIRE plus the RIM to which you need to pay attention, when buying different sized RIMS and/or TIRES.

Reputable retailers will advise you against changes (in "overall height") if/when you seek to purchase their products. Then again; there are those out there, who will sell you anything, just to make a PROFIT. So to be on the safe side... double-check their advice BEFORE "plus" or "minus" sizing. Do some comparisons of "overall height") for the TIRE + RIM to which you are considering a change... using this online calculator:

It could save you headaches, and/or a few bucks (in avoiding a speeding ticket, or two).

later edited to add:

For example, I recently purchased a new set of tires from an online source. I used the LINKED REFERENCED which I provided above, to do a "comparison".

First I completed the Vehicle Stock Tire Size section, using 235/75R16 (per original MFG specs).

Then, in the Compare Tire Sizes section, for Tire Size 1: I input 245/75R16 (for the "General Grabber HTS" tire which I was considering). I could have INPUT additional tire sizes to be compared, but elected not to do so.

Lastly, I clicked the Compare Tire Sizes button.​

The results indicated that if I changed TIRE size, that my speedometer would be off a tiny bit, as follows: Speedometer Difference: 1.977% too slow -- not really significant... as that would mean with 100 MPH showing on my speedometer, I would really be doing 102 MPH on a calibrated "radar gun" ... hardly enough to warrant a ticket... unless the SPEED LIMIT happened to NOT be 100 MPH! :na:

This also meant that my odometer would be OFF as well, thus giving an erroneous indication if/when I chose to calculate MPG. Had I elected to also change RIM SIZE, the differences would have been calculated for me, when I input the TIRE size with which I wanted to go (when compared with the original/stock specs).

...just my 2cents
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  9. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member 100 Posts

Thanks, I love these rims...they really have changed the way the truck looks. As far as mileage goes, I havn't seen much of a difference. I went on a 350 mile trip this weekend, and gas consumption seemed pretty normal.
  10. Kman1022

Kman1022 New Member

Great info and link. Saved it for future use. Thanks man!