1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got new wheels MB V-Drive 17x8.5

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ridick_bowen, Nov 22, 2010.

1. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen New Member

Got me some new used wheels.

Paid $150 with tires. New Image.jpg
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Sweet Deal!
  3. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen New Member

Anyone know if I have to lift or level my **** in order to make these fit? I've got a 00 Z71 5.3 stock. Tires are 265/70R17
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

$150 is cheap...the rims look great.....sweet score. Is the tire size you are mentioning the new tires or stock tires? If 265s are new ones, I think you should be fine.
  5. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen New Member

I'm just wondering how big I can go before I run into rubbing issues. I don't want to have to lift or level the truck.
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

From my experience, I have had up to 285/17/70s on both my 1997 and 2008 without a leveling or lift kit. I do not think there will be one for sure answer, as I have heard that shocks, springs, and other things will make individual trucks vary, but I think you would be okay with 285s as well. When I bought my last set of tires though, I did ask the tire shop to try out a couple of different sizes to check for rubbing and to see what they looked like on my vehicle....and they were happy to work with me, especially since tires are a pretty big expense. I think most tire retailers wouldn't mind working with you to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

Forgot to add rim backspacing and/or offset also play a role.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  7. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 New Member

good deal!!!
  8. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen New Member

Yeah. I'm going to put Toyo AT's 265/70R17. Should fit nicely without any rubbing issues.
  9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Crazy deal,very nice rims!
  10. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

wow, that's a steal for $150, looks good :great: