Got new wheels MB V-Drive 17x8.5

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ridick_bowen, Nov 22, 2010.

1. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

Got me some new used wheels.

Paid $150 with tires. New Image.jpg

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sweet Deal!

3. ridick_bowen

Anyone know if I have to lift or level my **** in order to make these fit? I've got a 00 Z71 5.3 stock. Tires are 265/70R17

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

$150 is cheap...the rims look great.....sweet score. Is the tire size you are mentioning the new tires or stock tires? If 265s are new ones, I think you should be fine.

5. ridick_bowen

I'm just wondering how big I can go before I run into rubbing issues. I don't want to have to lift or level the truck.

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

From my experience, I have had up to 285/17/70s on both my 1997 and 2008 without a leveling or lift kit. I do not think there will be one for sure answer, as I have heard that shocks, springs, and other things will make individual trucks vary, but I think you would be okay with 285s as well. When I bought my last set of tires though, I did ask the tire shop to try out a couple of different sizes to check for rubbing and to see what they looked like on my vehicle....and they were happy to work with me, especially since tires are a pretty big expense. I think most tire retailers wouldn't mind working with you to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

Forgot to add rim backspacing and/or offset also play a role.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  7. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 Rockstar 100 Posts

good deal!!!

8. ridick_bowen

Yeah. I'm going to put Toyo AT's 265/70R17. Should fit nicely without any rubbing issues.

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Crazy deal,very nice rims!

10. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

wow, that's a steal for $150, looks good :great: