1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got Some Newbie General Questions

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Daniels2386, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Daniels2386

Daniels2386 New Member

Im on the brink of purchasing a 2003 Chevy Silverado LS 1500.

This is what I plan on doing:

1. Lowering
    2. At least 20" rims
    3. Sound system

What is a good brand/set-up on lowering kits? Id prefer NOT to go with air ride due to the steep price. I was looking at some kits that was around $425 that is supposedly to be all you will need? Basically I want to do maybe a 3"-5" drop or at least clear the fender gap. Any insight or opinions about doing this? I know it wont ride smooth, but Im fairly young and at this point I care more about looks than comfort.

If there is any questions just ask and Ill try to answer them!

Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  2. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I used the McGaughy's kit on my truck.
  3. Daniels2386

Daniels2386 New Member

I went to there site, but didnt see any prices. How much did the kit run you? What drop do you have? Id personally like to go a little bit lower if possible. I want to hide the "fender gap". Thanks for the comment!
  4. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I forget cost. 22's will fix your wheel gap nicely though ;)