1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got stuck in the mud......

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by DirtDog, Jan 30, 2008.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog Rockstar 100 Posts

Well, this really was a sticky situation. I was at my granny's house today and drove my truck back to her barn to load up some cans to recycle. Well, on my way back up to the driveway, I ran over an area in the yard where a water line had just been installed about 6 months ago. Apparently the ground was still soft there, and my whole front end dropped to the ground, and I became hopelessly stuck... LOL the whole front bumper was on the ground, well now I know how my truck would look as a lowrider! LOL. Anyways, to further add to my embarrassment, I had to Call my cousin to pull me out.... He drives a ford F150...:grrrrrr: Yep, just image a ford pulling out a stuck Chevy... I should have sprung for 4 wheel drive when I bought this thing, LOL. I don't have anything against fords, they are good trucks, It's just that here I was, wearing my Chevy trucks hat, driving my Chevy with lots of Chevy stuff (floor mats, CD holder, key chain, etc) and my chevy front plate... and I was at the mercy of a ford... LOL. Anyways, as far as I can tell there is no damage to the truck, just lots of mud all over it. Here are two pics of it stuck, sorry but it was dark when I finally got it out, so I don't have any pics of it after it got unstuck. Just thought I'd share this embarrassing story with y'all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later
    Jack
  2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

haha oh man. I've been there before I got pulled out by a john deere tho. :happy:
  3. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

That reminds me of a date my wife and I went on..let me explain. I had my old suburban with the lift, 4x4, and mud tires. She wanted me to get as close as I could to the Great Salt Lake, well after getting a little to close, the suburban started to sink. About two hours later, with two trucks and 300 feet of cord (the guys pulled people out as a side job), and almost getting hit by one of the metal cords when it broke. We were free and slowly driving it back to land :)

It was funny because I had it buried to just a little over the axles, and was in my Sunday best. :) It was a lot of fun though. Good to see you made it, even with a Ford pulling you out.
  4. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sounds like you need to find some friends that drive 4x4 Chevy/GMC trucks. :)
  5. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know I've been stuck in my old 2wd a couple times.
  6. DirtDog

Thanks for the comments. I do have some friends that drive Chevy's and GMC's, but I could not get hold of them that day... LOL. Anyways, it's all good now. I washed the truck and inspected it thoroughly yesterday, there is no damage. It did almost scare the crap out of me though when the front end dropped to the ground, I mean I was driving along about 6 or 7mph... then BOOM!! the front end hit the ground hard, and the back wheels started spinning. I tried backing up too, and it just spun. I wish I had a picture of the two holes that the front wheels left in the ground!!! They were huge! I'm just happy that I got out and there is no damage.

Later.
    Jack
  7. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

sounds kinda like fun though. glad there was no damage. any other pics?
  8. DirtDog

Thanks, sorry though, no other pics. it was dark out when we got the truck out and all I had with me was my Sanyo Katana cell phone, and the camera on it sucks... LOL. I will get some new pics up later this week when I have time to finish cleaning it all up and detail it. Next time I'm at my granny's house, I'll take some pics of the damage it done to the yard.

Later.
    Jack:great:
  9. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

sounds good. i wanna start to make an album on the myspace for offroading pics
  10. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

Glad no damage to your truck.