Got the wifes new HHR

Discussion in 'Chevy HHR Forum' started by tbplus10, Oct 31, 2007.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member

The wifes new HHR arrived last Wednesday.
    MSRP was $23,695. Out the door was $18,695 for a fully loaded HHR. We had pricing help from a friend of a friend that's the dealership GM. General Motors is also offering a $1500 rebate for Texas customers.

Cardinal Red
    Cashmere Leather interior
    2LT
    2.4LTR
    4spd Auto
    17" Polished wheels
    Power Sunroof
    On Star
    XM Satelight
    AM/FM single indash CD/MP3 player

Added and unexpected features were:
    Glove box IPOD connection
    Heated seats
    Tire Pressure Monitor system

For some reason GM advertisement literature doesnt mention the tire pressure monitor system, not sure what models have it.

Owners manual is very vague on when to turn off the Stabilitrac and Traction enhancement systems. At a guess I'd say during ice and snow conditions.
    Anyone know for sure?

The owners manual has no information on checking the Auto Trans fluid. They do state not to change fluid and filter until 100K miles.
    Is this a non-service item?

So far I've added an Eibach 2" lowering kit (when time permits I'll download pics taken while changing the coils, an easy job that takes 4 hours).

Ordered Stainless Steel threshhold plates for the front doors and a black plastic threshhold plate for the rear hatch.

Were researching wheels, interior trim kit, and drop in airfilters. So far I've only found K&N, I'd like to find a Dry Flow version if it's available.

And as soon as I can pry her fingers off the steering wheel I'll get pictures of the car, in less than a week she's managed to put 400 miles on it. She says she's testing the fuel mileage numbers.
  2. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Let me know how it drives if you will. My girlfriend is obsessed with the idea of getting a HHR Panel. I'm not too excited about the project, but she insists she is going to get it.
  3. Davandy

Davandy Moderator

Looks like you’ve got a good deal :great:
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Bravo! on the wifes ride.:party: Sadly, you won't see her around much anymore. :neutral:

And some pictures would be nice....if she'll park it for a minute
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I love the HHR, sadly my wife wants something bigger. :neutral:
  6. tbplus10

Drove the wifes HHR for the first time today. I expected the lower coils to bottom out but it surprised me on bumps and hard cornering it never bottomed. A nice smooth ride.
    The wife says it rides even smoother now that it's lowered (I never got to ride in it previous to lowering it so I dont know).
    Every vehicle we own gets 16 mpg or less (except my Harley) so the 28+ mpg it's getting is nice.
    I'd never race it against my B/B Suburban but it has a lot of potential for performance.
    I think she could pick a much worse vehicle to plan a project around. I say back her on this one I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by these little cars.
  7. tbplus10

Absense makes the heart grow fonder. So they say.

I took her car to work today, she went to the dentist and couldnt drive, or talk enough to say "no, dont drive my car" her bad luck.
    Drove pretty nice, maybe I'll have to institute an HHR Thursday for myself every week.
    Working on pictures this weekend.
  8. tbplus10

Rent her one for a week and see if it grows on her.
  9. tbplus10

Thanks, we think we did. The best part is we had no buyers remorse after getting it home.
  10. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the update!
  11. tbplus10

Some pics of the wifes HHR:

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Trying to recover the coil spring in-process pics from my camera, my 3yr old granddaughter gave the digital camera a bath because I had greasy fingerprints on it.

Ordered the new threshhold plates, interior accent kit (African Zebra Wood with Brazillian Oak) and a new third lamp Saturday. I'll get before and after pics of the interior when I do this project, hopefully next weekend.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  12. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

What a sweet ride for the little lady. Thats gotta be worth some points. For the next time your...Bad!

Thank for the pic's, Tim :great:
  13. tbplus10

I'm so far in debt on points it doesnt even matter anymore.
    But this gives me a good excuse to play in the garage, she wouldnt dare say no to fixing-up her ride.
  14. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member

Welcome to the HHR Family..:party: :sign0016:
  15. ChevyFan

Keep us updated with the addons to this HHR! :great:
  16. ChevyFan

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b58rrVpCorc[/MEDIA]
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  17. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member

First, Congrats on a good selection, I have a 06 1LT with the 2.4 auto.

I have driven close to 20 rentals as I travel a lot for work and have driven all 3 years, the 06 - 07 - 08, I drove a 08 in july before the dealers had them.

1. The tire pressure is a new for 08 feature that will be standard for most of the GM's.

2. the stabilitrac or traction control would be your preference, I on my HHR do not have that feature, As far as I remember the 08 is the first year we could turn off the feature.

3. The transmission yes is a non serviceable feature and does not have a way to check the fluid level, I have heard rumor the dealer might know how to check them but the transmission is sealed.

4. Fuel mileage will vary to conditions, on my HHR I average 28 driving to work (60 miles both ways) combined using regular 87 and will get 32.5 driving on trips averaging 70 mph (depending on state) and using premium 91. to 30.5 with 87 octane.

Forgive me Steve, but I am also a member of a Chevyhhrfamily forum started close to Dallas Texas is where the founder lives. where we discuss lots of mods, runs and get togethers and a Member of a HHR club based out of Illinois.

CGS is a popular intake manifold for the HHR.

Welcome to the HHR Family.
  18. chevyonly23

chevyonly23 New Member

Nice ride!

Nice ride your wife's lucky! And top of all you had a good deal! But i am pretty sure you would not trade your suburban for a small truck like this one... And by the way you got a very nice HD!!:great:
  19. tbplus10

Talked to a GM mechanic and he gave me the same answer on the transmission, they use power flushing to service them. If there is a suspected leak they power flush the system to find and repair the leak. With power flushing the system is supposedly serviced to the correct level when they disconnect the machine.
    Mileage is consistant with yours, so far I've been using 87 octane and havent had an issue, if I do get some knock I'll start using mid grade.
    I went met the a couple of members from the chevyhhrfamily page a few weeks ago in Denton TX. They turned me onto the page and I've been browsing through it since then.
    Still havent got to drive the HHR over 50 miles myself, but I did buy it for the wife.
    I finished the interior accents Sunday afternoon, guess I'm gonna hafta buy a new camera soon and take pictures.
  20. tbplus10

Thanks.
    Dont bet on not trading the Suburban. With gas prices like they are and the the Suburban only driving about 500 miles a year it may find a new owner soon.. I have a 01 Chevy Diesel Dually that can handle the towing chores and with just the wife and I we really dont need all the room the Suburban has.
    Thanks on the HD, unfortunately its on auction block, I'm looking at an FXDB and wife say's I cant have two bikes.