Got to see the new 2014 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Gold Z, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Gold Z

Gold Z New Member

I got to see the new 2014 Silverado in the Chevrolet hospitality tent at Texas Motor Speedway during the Sprint Cup race. I was very impressed. The interior had a warm, comfortable feel about it. The new engines will all be direct injection for more power and better fuel economy. I think it will be very well recieved by the public.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

[​IMG] You know the Rules....[​IMG]
  3. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Yeah what he said. :money:
  4. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Yeah pics are necessary. I wasn't huge on this last body style so I'm curious to see what it looks like.
  5. stchman

stchman New Member

You don't know what the 2014 Silverado looks like? There are MANY pics of it on the net.

I actually think the NNBS was the best looking Silverado ever made. The 2014 is really nice as well.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I didn't take my good camera, but I got some pics from my note 2 and some walk-around video as well. I'll try to link to them during my (late) lunch today.
  7. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

I haven't really browsed around outside of when I'm on the forum. Pics from someone seeing them in person would be nice though.

And to be honest, the only exterior styling that I like more than the 94-98 OBS (one of those 94+ grilles is a future mod for me) is the 03-06. I really like the front ends on those. I don't care as much for the styling of anything newer than that. In all honesty though, that 03-06 is one of the only GM vehicles from that decade (the other exceptions being the 2000-05 Monte Carlos/Impalas and 97-03 Grand Prix) that I really like the styling from. Girl I'm talking to has an 07 Silverado and while it's a very nice truck, I would take my grandma's 05 Z71 over the 07 any day of the week.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the drivetrains have really grown on me as the Gen III/IV motors have proven themselves (I've toyed around with the idea of swapping a Gen III or Gen IV motor into my Burb). But I gotta like the styling of the vehicle if I'm going to own it. And there's only two vehicles I've ever owned that were made past 2000 (both of them the 6th Gen Monte Carlo) for that reason.