1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got to test drive a 2014 Silverado over the weekend.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Jun 17, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I drove by a couple of Chevy dealers over the weekend and saw one have a 2014. I pulled in and asked the salesman if I could take a look at it. I did let him know that I was not in the market for a 2014, but I have to go to a dealer to actually look and touch one.

The salesman said no problem and actually asked me if I wanted to take one for a test drive.

The only 2014 they had on the lot was an LT crew cab short bed version.

Compared to my 2013 I will have to say that the interior is exceptionally quiet. The MyLink and new DIC is really awesome as well. I would have really liked to test out an LTZ model, but the LT will have to suffice. The new Ecotec3 engine is more powerful and has better acceleration than my 2013 as well.

The new truck is noticeably longer and larger than the 2013 model. With me having the front drivers seat adjusted to me the rear passenger behind me has plenty of room, my 2013 is a touch cramped when I'm driving.

The bad thing is the LT model I tested had a sticker price of $42,300, YIKES, my LTZ had a sticker of $44,000. Makes me wonder how much a fully loaded LTZ with all the options will cost, $53,000!!!!

All in all a really nice truck.
  2. Fenian

Fenian New Member

42k for an LT trim level truck?

I don't know what Chevy/GM is smoking but I want some.
  3. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It was a 4WD LT Z71, but yes, I think they are smoking some stuff.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So, brand new, fully loaded, Z-71, etc and you expect it to be less than $40k?
  5. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That's cool. I saw one of the 2014 Sierras being brought into town on a carhauler a few days ago. I wasn't expecting to see any up here so soon, but there was one. The GMC looked better in person than in the pictures I'd seen of it.

Anyway, those kinds of prices aren't unusual up here. On a new LT/LTZ truck, our prices are usually about $10,000 higher on the MSRP than in the states. And for no apparent reason with the dollars being fairly equal. Your LTZ would have a sticker price of about $53,000 to $54,000 here.
  6. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 New Member 100 Posts

My 01 is the LT back when it was top dog and loaded it was $33k brand new. Of course now you have a tablet mounted in the dash and sensors for sensors. When i was in school they said the mid 90's caddys had more computing power than the first appollo rocket and now its just getting stupid with options. I may have to swing on down to front street and do some tire kicking.
  7. Fenian

Fenian New Member

"Fully loaded" is a relative term. In this case "fully loaded" refers to an LT Z-71 and not an LTZ, correct?

Considering I paid something like 33k for my 2011 LT Z-71 you're correct I would expect it to be less than 40k.