Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Gotta tell everyone!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Mean_Green_95, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've been trying for 2 years and finally got an internship! I found out yesterday at 8:30 in the morning that I had an interview at 1 in the afternoon. I had to rush home from work to get ready and then drove the 45min to the interview. They said that I would get a call next week with the out come. But today while I was sleeping in my recliner trying to recover from a 24hr bug, I got a call asking it I wanted the internship. The internship is with Marathon Oil Company, and I can't wait to start! Thanks guys, I just felt a need to tell everyone, from facebook to yall, lol.

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congratulations!!! Is this in addition to your regular job? Or do you get to quit to fully savor the internship?

btw....Are you sure that bug wasn't really a hangover??

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Congrats
    What job field are you going to intern on.

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats, good jobs are getting hard to come by these days.

5. Mean_Green_95

I have to quit my current job to take the internship because the field I'm going into is process operations, which is all shift work. One week nights, one week days, and I can't wait.

BTW, a hangover would have been much better to have than whatever I had.

6. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

You should come to my neck of the woods. Operator jobs are a dime-a-dozen around here.

7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrats!! hopefully this leads to a full time job for you!

8. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Congrats! Good news, especially when talking about employment is hard to come by.

9. Mean_Green_95

You must be close to the coast out there huh? I live close to the Miss. River so there are tons of refineries, chemical water treatment plants, and even a nuclear power plant around here. Its just the economy is keeping people from retiring.

And thanks to everyone. I'll keep everyone updated on the process. I have already scheduled a time to go get my TWIC card and gotta go to a class to get my OSHA card.