Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Govenor on my 2010 silverado, 1500 6.2 Max Towing Package

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sundancer2004, Dec 7, 2010.

1. sundancer2004

sundancer2004 New Member

The Dirty birds have the engine governed on this. It just shuts off accelleration at 85 MPH. I know I know, your not supposed to go that fast, but everyone knows that on high speed interstates you, at times need that burst of speed to get into and out of trouble. Anyone know how to disconnect it????????:grrrrrr:
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There is no disconnect you will want to get a programmer for it, and go from there... there are a TON of threads on the site with member reviews of the different ones on the market for your truck...
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Murdog got it right. You'll need a programmer. That limit surprises me, though. I think the limit on my 2009 Silverado is around 95 or more. I KNOW its not 85.*

*West Texas highways... Speed limit = 80mph
  4. sundancer2004

sundancer2004 New Member

well, let me clarify it, it was 85 when I looked down.
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Should be 96mph...
  6. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Haha... Got ya. It's no big deal really. Just making conversation. I have no idea what it actually is. It's weird though because I can think of a time or two in high school when I was following my friend (in his Avalanche) while I was in my '02 Tahoe on the way to his beach house. I would look down and the needle would be thumping at 120mph. So, I don't know. The both of us were going over 120 in Chevy vehicles with no programers. It must vary by year model.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Check out Diablo's Trinity or Preditor tuners. I believe both can raise the top speed.
  8. sundancer2004

sundancer2004 New Member

Its not like I want to put thepedal to themetal every time, can"t afford the gas if I did that, My 08 Silverado 5.3 didn't have it on it, they did on the late 90's Its just that, dammit, I don't need some wet behind the ears engineer or big brother to tell me what I can or can not have.They didn't do that for 30 years when I was driving police interceptors, but now that I'm se mi retired and 60 years old they feel I need guidance?
  9. fatmatt

fatmatt New Member

my 2010 silverado, tops out at 87, pretty rediculous if you want to pas somone when you are already doing 80. diablo sport is my next investment
  10. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My '08 pulls up till 95mph and that is about all she will let me do. My buddy has a 2010 and we have been faster than 87mph and he is stock other than a catback. Fatmatt, that is very rediculous that yours tops out at 87mph. I had always heard 97 was the limit on most GM trucks were 97mph. I know my LS2 GTO was limited at 158mph and I got that bad boy programed to push it in the 160's!! :great: *I was being very safe while doing those speeds* :rofl: