1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

governor removal

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RyGuyGMC, Mar 16, 2010.

1. RyGuyGMC

RyGuyGMC New Member

i have a 2003 gmc sierra 1500 5.3L 4X4 i am looking to get rid of or raise my governed speed it tops out at 160 km/h or 100 mph, i would like it to go faster and i have no clue on how to go about doing this, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

A DiabloSport Preditor programmer will let you raise your top end speed along with all the other tuning you can do with it. Check em out at DiabloSport.com
  3. cobra2end

cobra2end Rockstar 100 Posts

Um me lost why go faster gas prices are going up lol. Dont forget to check or speed rating on your tires make sure they can handle it
  4. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Tune is the way to go. Mine used to shut down at 98 and it kind of sucked trying to pass someone on the thruway and having the governor kick in.