1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GPS Systems

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by s5belford, Nov 19, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Im looking at the Tom Tom GPS system. Does anyone have any pro's or con's? My mom, sister, and roommate have the tomtom and seem to be happy with them.

If anyone has any input I'd really appreciate it.
  2. b_burdine

b_burdine New Member 100 Posts

Don't go with a Magellan. Mine sent me the wrong way down some one way roads before lol and sometimes it has incorrect addresses.
  3. s5belford

thanks for the heads up, good to know and I'll keep that in mind!
  4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member 100 Posts

I've never had a problem with any of my Garmin nuvi's...
  5. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member 100 Posts

Nothing but Garmin here and my whole family. Had a friend who went through 3 Tom Tom's and then switched to Garmin.
  6. s5belford

wow, with that said, starting to lean away from the tom tom's
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My last one was a Garmin, and it lasted abut five years before it finally died! I just bought a Magellan RoadMate 1440 with the 4.3" screen, I took it on a 1,000 mile trip a few months ago and it never let me down. As far as the one lane road thing, I have had that happen before I honestly think they all do that basically if you don't keep the maps updated which almost everybody never does. I got mine $100 on black friday last year, so i can't complain about that.
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My wife is the service/office manager for an HVAC company and her technicians all hate TOMTOM! Apparently it has a few issues although I can't be very specific. I 've always used Garmin and been pretty happy with it. But I only use it once I'm at my destination to find restaraunts and things, I still prefer a map to get me where I'm going!
  9. kotin9

kotin9 New Member

i have garmin built in to my head unit and its pretty good. I also have a navigon portable one that I really like. I got it a couple black fridays ago for 99 bucks.
  10. Stonewall42

Stonewall42 New Member

I have a Magellan 3200 & it has never let me down, but like TRPLXL2 said,it might be best to keep the maps updated so you won't be going in circles, but to each his own, i guess it is personal preference. I picked mine for the features & price. I just wanted something simple & something that can get me around.