1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Graduated High School!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pmf608, Jul 1, 2011.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Since I can't seem to sleep right now, I figured I would hit up the truck club.

I graduated high school yesterday, which was & is exciting. I'm happy about that and looking forward to what the future has in store. It really started setting in on me today though that the grad banquet & party last night might very well be the last time I will ever see some of the people I knew. I had just moved to a big school a couple of years ago, so I didn't know a lot of people really well (the ones I knew well I will keep in touch with) but the wierd thing for me is its the friends I knew, but not that well, that I'm bothered the most by because I'm more likely not to see them again. As much as I'm ready and looking forward to the next stage of my life, its actually really sad to think back on all of the memories of high school.

Thats all I've got for now. Feel free to chime in.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

First off..... Congrats!!!! Now go back to Bed..... When you wake up again start looking for a Job!!!!!! j/k....

For your good friends you will keep in touch. Then there are those reunion's that you catch up and those old Girl friends that you wish you were still with. Then you have Facebook....That has done wounders for people....Go have some fun.....
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congratulations on graduating, it's natural to feel that way, I'm coming up on my 30 year reunion and I still play golf regularly with a guy I went to high school with, the funny thing is, we didn't get along in school, it was only the summer after graduation that we became friends!
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrats for sure!
    me personally i kept in touch with 3 of the people i graduated with. The rest i didnt care for, and i joined the army and left 13 days after i graduated.. that ought to give you an idea on how much i liked school hahah!
  5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Congratulations on graduation!

I think that most of us certainly look back on the good 'ol times we had in high school and miss it dearly. Frankly, a lot of the fun was had in void of true responsibility. When you start to grow up, however, you're much less mobile and responsibility begins to inhibit spontaneity. Nonetheless, I can assure you without a doubt that the next chapter in life will be equally exhilarating if you allow it to be. And if you're going to college.... look out. You're bound to have a blast.

As for keeping in touch, I went to two different high schools and stay in regular touch with 6 friends from one and 3 from another. Just to show you the odds, the 3 friends I keep in touch with are from my graduating high school of 23 students. So, I fairly regularly hang out with and talk to 3/23. As for the others, 6 out of a class of around 60. A lot of them I've known since 4th grade. One was even my roommate in college for 3 years. I'm leaving today to spend the weekend with two others. My point is this: there's no reason to worry... if you keep in touch with the people you care about, you'll be able to create more stories and have more fun times together. As a bonus, you'll always be able to talk about old times over a few drinks!

As Enkeiavalanche said, Facebook is your friend. It is THE tool for keeping in touch with all of those folks that you don't end up hanging out with readily after high school. Best of luck to you!
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

congrats on graduating
  7. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

congrats on graduating, facebook is def a good place to keep in touch with the people you dont talk to very much
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Congrats on graduating!!!!!
    Now it's on to bigger and better things.
    In a few years you'll be wishing you could go back to those days.

I graduated in the early 80's when we didnt have the internet and social media to keep in touch, I joined the Navy prior to the actual ceremony and 22 yrs of active duty and only 3 return trips to my hometown during that time ensured I'd never talk to any of my fellow classmates again, but as big a world as this is it's still small.
    While in the military at different times I served with 7 people from my time in highschool (which is quite a feat since the whole school only had 35 personnel including staff), one was my auto shop teacher and another was my principle, they were both reservists and we ran into one another during the first Gulf War.
    In the last few years social media has become popular and I've got in touch with a few old classmates, and even found out that while I retired over 2K miles from where I graduated 3 of my former classmates live less than 200 miles from me.
    Graduating High School or College in this day and age doesnt mean you have to loose touch.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats! What are your future plans, more school or work?
  10. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for the congrats everyone! My plans are to go to university here. My first year will just be doing something in the faculty of science and I will be going into engineering after that. My immediate plans are starting a landscaping company to make some money over the summers without having to work for someone else. I will be starting that tomorrow (I guess actually today since its after midnight here), and for anyone who has been keeping up with my Spitfire thread, that is what I bought the F350 for.

I have added a lot of the people I know from school on facebook in the last couple of days, so I will be able to keep in touch. In a way, I already wish it wasn't over, but I'm more excited for what the future holds.