1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Great Big Texas Home Show 2012

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by ChevyFan, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just a warning to everyone who's thinking about going to the Great Big Texas Homeshow in 2012 (if they have it again). We went to the Great Big Texas Home Show 2011 and it was HORRIBLE.

Read this post if you want my opinion: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...ig-Texas-Home-Show-Review&p=351821#post351821

Basically, Cowboys stadium is NOT a good venue for a home show. Not a good venue at all. I would not go back even if it was FREE, let alone massively overpriced.

If you do go, be prepared for football-game prices for concessions.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I only started this thread as a warning to people who 1) want to attend an event like this in the future, 2) want to HOLD an event like this in the future.

The Death Star in Arlington, Texas is NOT a good venue for a on-the-floor event. It's just not designed for that.

3. ChevyFan

We're getting traffic to this page, just curious if anyone is planning to go the event this year? MAYBE I was a little bitter last year, but it was not a good show to attend with kids. Very tight to get it all in on the football field.