1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Great customer service Amazon.com!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dr_Zero, May 8, 2009.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I live in the sticks and sometimes its just easier and cheaper to order the parts online than in town.

Rockauto.com has been great as well as PacePerformance.com (Pace) but I never really thought about Amazon.com for truck parts like hoses and the likes.

Well I got a pinhole leak in the upper radiator hose and went to get another locally it was $26.99 (part #E71881) so I did a search for comparable hoses found a Gates hose on Amazon for $12.62 with free 2 day shipping!

The hose came in and it looked right on the money but I did notice a little line near a label flexed the hose and it was a slice where the packer had tried to cut off the tag or when they opened the box Arg!

So went online got a return slip free shipping back and in the comment section told them why, about an hour later I get a email from customer service at Amazon.com.

The email said they were sorry about the hose and they are sending out a replacement overnight! Wow that is great I think but we will see.

10 o clock the wife calls and Fed Ex just dropped of the new hose! :sign0011:

So a big thumbs up to Amazon.com :great: for having the part for less and excellent customer service!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i always check amazon before i check ebay. i have never had to go the customer service route, but they are a great company
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's awesome, it looks like a lot of people are finding good deals on Amazon. I might sign-up to become an Amazon aff partner so people can start their amazon shopping here and it will help to keep the site running.