Great customer service Amazon.com!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dr_Zero, May 8, 2009.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I live in the sticks and sometimes its just easier and cheaper to order the parts online than in town.

Rockauto.com has been great as well as PacePerformance.com (Pace) but I never really thought about Amazon.com for truck parts like hoses and the likes.

Well I got a pinhole leak in the upper radiator hose and went to get another locally it was $26.99 (part #E71881) so I did a search for comparable hoses found a Gates hose on Amazon for $12.62 with free 2 day shipping!

The hose came in and it looked right on the money but I did notice a little line near a label flexed the hose and it was a slice where the packer had tried to cut off the tag or when they opened the box Arg!

So went online got a return slip free shipping back and in the comment section told them why, about an hour later I get a email from customer service at Amazon.com.

The email said they were sorry about the hose and they are sending out a replacement overnight! Wow that is great I think but we will see.

10 o clock the wife calls and Fed Ex just dropped of the new hose! :sign0011:

So a big thumbs up to Amazon.com :great: for having the part for less and excellent customer service!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i always check amazon before i check ebay. i have never had to go the customer service route, but they are a great company

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's awesome, it looks like a lot of people are finding good deals on Amazon. I might sign-up to become an Amazon aff partner so people can start their amazon shopping here and it will help to keep the site running.