1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Great deal on exhaust.

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Trav, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Trav

Trav Member

So as I mentioned in my intro post here: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23025 I was thinking of getting a new exhaust for my truck, I decided to get a cat back, flow 40 series, with a single in, dual out, and chrome tips, nothing too fancy. I got a quote from a very good custom exhaust shop in the city I work and dropped the truck off for the day.

When I went to pick it up, I started it up, sounded good, looked good, so I paid the man and went home.
    A couple hours passed and I got a message on my phone from the exhaust shop saying that they had messed up, and had my truck confused with another customer. (there was a very similar truck parked at the shop when I dropped mine off.) The message said that if I desired, I could bring the truck back and they would fix it to my original specifications free of charge, or if I wanted, I could keep what I had, as it was better than what I had originally asked them to do, and it would cost them more in labor to change it back. I went outside and crawled under the truck to see what they were talking about. Very surprised (and pleased) to find that they had put all custom 3" pipe throughout the whole system from the headers, dual high flow cats, a flow 40 dual in dual out muffler, and 3" pipe all the way to the chrome 4" tips.

Of course I'm keeping it. And I got the whole thing for $300. Bet the other guy was pissed. :rofl:

Will post pics, when it gets sunny out, maybe video?
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow that works! I bet that was at least a $1,000 exhaust, and I am sure the other guy is getting what he wants to just at a discounted rate. Is it stainless or galvanized aluminum exhaust, because that could be a big price difference there too. Congratulations on the new system. :great:
  3. Trav

Trav Member

It is all 3" galvanized, 14 gauge, not 16.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2 on WOW...On the Exhaust!!
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

luccccky....
  6. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I wish i could get mistakes made like that