1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Green

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JnBama, Mar 17, 2012.

1. JnBama

JnBama Member 2 Years 500 Posts

imagesCALVZQTX.jpg had to work today and missed out on the fun , will have a corned beef sandwich and a beer later
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

didnt celebrate at all. holidays have kinda lost their luster except Independence Day. American Independence day that is.
  3. JnBama

JnBama Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Irish from my moms side St Pats day just for fun, Back in my young n dumb days would be down on Beale in Mphs full of beer.Sister had a big pot of corned beef n cabbage sat. and sent some home with me yesterday. In a patriotic family dad was a WW2/ Korean Vet and Bro inlaw a Navy Vet from Iowa and raised my two neices there in a small town. Flag is always displayed on sunny days, 4th, Memorial and Veterans day.
  4. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well, I celebrated like my last name was O'Mally... LOL... We sang, danced and drank green beer, green shots, and acted like I was 20 years old.. Apparently, I am not..... LOL Lets just say after 10 pints, 7 shots and some dancing, I was done... and cabbed it home...BUT.. No hang the next day... haha!! Here is a photo of me having a good ole' Irish time, at St Patty's Day, in British Columbia Canada!!

ST PATTYS DAY.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I think I have some Irish in me but didn't celebrate. I stayed in, which is safer for all. People in my town started drinking at 6am according to news reports, first DWI was around 9am I think. I did eat some green veggies, does that count?
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I skipped St. Patrick's Day...
  7. Coach24

I dunt think st.patty or paddy or puddy minded a bit:fighting0088:
  8. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Found one more pic.... I guess I thought I was the bartender... But that pitcher and glass was all for me!! :) LOL

Me4.jpg
  9. Coach24

Yup, you be a rue Canadian. No doubts now.
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The wife and I stayed home with an 18 pack of cold yellow Miller Lite, I cooked Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potatoes.
    Tried to get the daughter and her family to stay for dinner but they wanted no part of the Corned Beef and Cabbage.
    I did find out my cat loves Cabbage, he ate 2 bowls of it to celebrate the event.
    Not much for going out to party anymore, after 48 yrs I've managed to never get nabbed for DUI when I'm sure there was a time or two I should've so I figure I wont press my luck anymore and I'll sit at home and enjoy a cold beer. I may hay have a little Irish in me but it isnt the lucky part.